Zorro trail (Dakota Ridge area)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

So I did the Zorro trail this weekend and my goal was to make it to the top without stopping. I’m chalking up a success even though I didn’t even attempt to try those crazy steps at the top!!

Have any of you ever ridden up those? Down? Or seen anyone that has ridden them?

I have not rode those stair’s as of yet,but I did make it up the first set of stair’s on dakota ridge.I am keeping my eye’s on em though,they are some serious stair’s to climb and I have not heard of anyone climbing those stair’s.Although I have heard from a couple of rider’s here and there that they know or heard of someone that could clear dakota ridge the whole way through.I think it’s possible,and hope to one day be able to clear it.I’ve rode Dakota Ridge several time’s so far and have made progress,although getting there is the hard part because you have to have your focus and energy on target to feel good there and then you can start to worry about riding dakota ridge.

I watched my friend ride those stairs, up and down, on his rigid 29er singlespeed….at night (with lights)

😮

When this dude was asking about the stairs at the top of zorro,I thought he was talking about the step’s AT the top of zorro and not the steps ON dakota ridge.The steps at the top of zorro are like a couple feet high,but the steps on dakota ridge are not really steps,there like really steep wash boards or somthing,just sayin I didnt really know which steps he was talking about since he called out the zorro trail and the steps on dakota ridge are not really at the top because there is some even more daunting boulder,roots,steep rutty mess above the wooden steps.

Well,it’s been three years since the original post,wonder if this dude ever figured out those steps.hahahahaahaha,I know I havent even been back since I climbed em one day three or four years ago.. 😄

Yeah, I saw it was old, but I couldn’t help but mention what I saw….and it was the stone steps on Zorro, the scary ones!

"maddslacker" wrote

I watched my friend ride those stairs, up and down, on his rigid 29er singlespeed….at night (with lights)

😮

..in the snow, and it was uphill even when going down.

😆

Yes, and 90 MPH winds too… 😆

He is actually a champion trials rider, so he has kind of an unfair advantage.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.