You Don’t Know Epic

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Found a link to a pretty cool article written by a local Atlanta guy who recently won the inaugural Trans North Georgia mountain bike race.

Trek7k has mentioned the race in here a couple of times but for those of you still unfamiliar, it was a 350 mile MTB race from the South Carolina/Georgia state line to the Georgia/Alabama state line.

The unmarked and unsupported course weaved through North Georgia over singletrack, ATV trails, doubletrack, forest roads, and a little bit of pavement and included 56,000 ft of climbing.

Eddie O’Dea won the race in 2 days 7 hours and 33 minutes.

Eddie ended up writing down his story and Florida Racing Magazine ened up picking up and posting the entire write up.

It’s a pretty good read!

Check it out.

[url:gom3hlud]http://www.floridaracingmagazine.com/sept-2-2010.html[/url:gom3hlud]

(The article is on pages 40-48.)

Sounds like fun, but a little too epic for me!

That was EPIC for sure. Eddie is the man. I don’t know how those people do that kind of stuff…it’s unbelievable.

I had a great time following the race, I listed to all the racer call ins on MTBCast! It was very cool.

I’d like to try it one year…it’d be a 4 or 5 day thing (at best) for me tho hahaha!

Wow…that would take me much longer to complete. Can’t imagine what one would do to train for that…

I got tired just reading the article and had to take a break mid-way. 😃 Thanks for sharing. That was a good read.

"kvnrbrts" wrote

Wow…that would take me much longer to complete. Can’t imagine what one would do to train for that…

Ride a lot.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.