Yet another newbie!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hey all, I am a complete newbie to mountain biking but not biking in general (grew up on BMX). Since November I have been thinking of getting into the sport because I really need to get in shape and what a better way to do it. Today I laid down some money and ordered a GF Piranha from my local bike shop. I tried a few bikes and the Fishers just felt more comfortable to me. today I spent alot of time riding various Treks and Fishers at the LBS to get a real feel for the components I wanted. at first I was just going to get the Marlin but then I rode a bike with hydraulic disc brakes (Trek 6700). Now I just hope I get most of the stopping power the Avid Juicy’s had with the Shimano M486s on the Piranha.

Well sorry for making my first post annoying and rambling, but I just so damn excited.

Welcome Audio! You were not rambling, Im glad your stoked. That meat eating fish you ordered is a sweet ride! One of my riding partners has the 09′ and it rips it up. Good Luck and have fun!

Welcome, Glad your stoked. i think youll have a blast on your new ride.
      if you gots any questions let us know, im sure someone here can help out.

Enjoy

Went and picked up my new bike today, IMO that thing is awesome!! I went on a quick 5mi ride to play with the gears and get used to the bike. I had a blast, I cant wait to hit the trails. I do however have to get in to shape a lil first because my legs felt like jello for a few min after I got off.

"Audiovibe" wrote

Went and picked up my new bike today, IMO that thing is awesome!! I went on a quick 5mi ride to play with the gears and get used to the bike. I had a blast, I cant wait to hit the trails. I do however have to get in to shape a lil first because my legs felt like jello for a few min after I got off.

Welcome aboard. Theres just nothing like having a new bike. Have fun and enjoy. 😮

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.