Yet another mid 40’s sorta newbie

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hello all,
      Glad to be here, I am getting back into MTBing. I grew up in San Diego heavily racing BMX and MotoX. I moved to Colorado when I was 21 and did some MTB for a few years and really was loving it. Life got in the way and accomplished a few goals in my life that I wanted. But in the mean time I would ride my MTB on lunch breaks and after work. Someone loved my bike more than I did and broke into my office at work and stole my beloved bike. I had not done much after that, had a few MTB’s after that but nothing I would take seriously, mostly so I could ride with my kids on easy rides.
      In the last 10 years I took up road biking and in the last several years have challenged myself to ride centuries. I have done 10 in the last 3 years. I also work out 5-6 days a week to keep in shape.
      I finally decided that it was time to get back to my true love and that is dirt,rocks, roots and trees. In the last couple of months I picked up my Yeti ASR C. I have been on a couple of short rides and just did a long ride since the weather allowed it here in Colorado. My plan is that I want to compete in some of the enduro races in the Big Mountain Enduro races this summer so I am getting the training going again.

Hope to see some of you on the trails and maybe at the races.
      Ride hard or go home.

Welcome! I road ride also. Great for the fitness! Mountain biking is much more fun though… 😄

Sweet Yeti, by the way, just checked out the picture on the other thread. I’ve always like them…

"gar29" wrote

Sweet Yeti, by the way, just checked out the picture on the other thread. I’ve always like them…

Thank you, always have been a dream bike of mine to have a Yeti. Able to finaly afford one. Living the dream…Living the dream.

Welcome! This is a great site. I am 56 and I just started riding 2 mos ago. Am also getting a road bike. Probably next week. I Love riding in the woods but there is also something to be said for 35-40 on one of those skinny bikes! Can be rather exciting!
      Bill

Running a high speed pace line on a road bike is also an amazing experience.
      Glad you’re getting back into MTB. Hard to resist the call of the single track…especially in Colorado.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.