XC racers and experienced riders ???

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Guys I need your help with something ???

Today I went for a ride at LH Thomson and decided this time I was going to attack the trail and ride it for time. I hit the trail and attacked it hard with high gears and killed the downhills and up hill climbs until about half way through the trail. Then I was hurting 😃 – It felt as if I couldn’t recover and the last half of the trail was a killer. Now I’ve been riding for right at a year and in decent shape. The thing that got me was my time- 37 minutes for my time. I was so spent that there was no way I could even think about riding the trail for a 2cnd lap. The thing that kills me is the fact I can ride it at a much lower pace and not get out of breath and still come in with a faster time and not even attack the trail. Last week I stopped for some pics and still finished the trail at 34 minutes. My normal ride is between 31- 35 depending on wet or dry or if I give it a bit of gas and normally ride 2 laps. But today was aweful… I did take a small lap around the parking lot before hitting the trail but that wouldn’t account for the extra time on my lap. I know my genetics are not mountain bike material- I’m 5’10" and 220 and not much body fat ( Weight lifter turned mountain biker ) How can I go about increasing output and not running out of gas ? What did I do so wrong this time ? I thought I could power through the climbs and recover in the flats. That didn’t happen 😢

I did try something different- tried standing out of the saddle on a lot of the climbs to speed through the hills

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.