Wrist Pain

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

I read through some of the old posts on wrist pain but didn’t see anything helpful. My wrists are causing me pain and I’d say it’s tendonitis. Anyone else out there dealing with it or hopefully has dealt with it and has a remedy.

I’ve changed grips, went to a set of bars with some sweep but can’t get any relief. I have some Ace type wraps I put on sometimes but even that doesn’t seem to help.

Any ideas?

Bill

Have you tried different grips? I use Ergon GP2 on my bikes. comfy with short bar ends to change hand positions. Also you should have light hands on the grips.

Have you tried different grips?
      I’ve changed grips,

On a different note, it could be a bike fit/cockpit setup issue. Have you had your bike professionally fitted?
      http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-tr … -bike-fit/

"mtbgreg1" wrote
      Have you tried different grips?

[quote:1y0lxo96]I’ve changed grips,

On a different note, it could be a bike fit/cockpit setup issue. Have you had your bike professionally fitted?
      http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-tr … -bike-fit/[/quote:1y0lxo96]
      Good point. I had something similar when my stem was to long. Helped take the pressure off the wrists when I went shorter.

I put on a pair of OURY grips to ride today. I had been using grips that had a wider area to support your palms. What I noticed is that my hand is in a bit of a different angle with the OURY grips so will see what happens. Also, I know tendenitis is weird in that sometimes it can feel better overnight, and at the same time hurt for long periods of time. Taking Aleve too.

Bill

[url:bu0qwfsg]http://www.bikepacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,5167.0.html[/url:bu0qwfsg]

^ lots of good info in here.

It also couldn’t hurt to frequently do RICES: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation, and Stretches. Rest as much as possible. Ice the affected area a few times a day, keep using your ace bandages to compress the soft tissue, it will help reduce swelling. Keep your wrist above your heart when resting. The link GimmeAraise posted had some exercises/stretches.

On the grip issue, I’ve found that the plain round cross section grips seem to work better for me, although you wouldn’t think so. I had some with grip ends and liked that for the road but not trail riding.

Thank you all for the great info! I have to say that my wrist pain is pretty much gone and I’m still riding three times a week. Here’s what I think the reason is; I switched back to regular round OURY grips! During the time my wrists hurt the most, tendinitis I would say, I took Aleve to manage the pain as well as massaging my arms and wrists. Hope all this info helps anyone else dealing with wrist pain. 😀

"reidsvillebikes" wrote

Thank you all for the great info! I have to say that my wrist pain is pretty much gone and I’m still riding three times a week. Here’s what I think the reason is; I switched back to regular round OURY grips! During the time my wrists hurt the most, tendinitis I would say, I took Aleve to manage the pain as well as massaging my arms and wrists. Hope all this info helps anyone else dealing with wrist pain. 😀

OURYs are awesome! super cushy.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.