Would anyone ride this MTB?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Came across this blog about a posting on Craiglist for a motorized GT bike. As you can see from the pics this thing has a GT mountain bike frame, BMX-style handlebars (?), and a gas engine strapped to the frame. The ad claims you can pedal it or use the engine but I’m still trying to wrap my head around the mechanics of how this would work based on the photo. Just $300 – that’s cheaper than a stock GT hardtail these days!

Also check out the ground clearance on that exhaust pipe – I’m pretty sure that thing would pop off the first time you ride it off road.

The good news is that this thing isn’t legal on most trails since they prohibit motorized vehicles. Guess it’s meant for someone who can’t afford a dirt bike. I bet it’s loud too…

I see similar contraptions all the time, but the ones I have seen use a motor that is over the front fork that spins the front tire they look goofy as all get out.

those bring back memories of some kids that were riding around. No, i would never ride that just wouldn’t be as fun.

no one sees the good in this? i have built a couple of these…they sell pretty easy too!

but seriously i made mine out of walmart bikes that i got a garage sales, Chili’s right it is a lazy man’s machine but i used to use them when i couldnt drive as a way to get around. my design was a little different but i could pedal mine if i wanted to then if it got to where i didnt want to i dropped the motor into place where the gears are touching which started the engine. it worked GREAT when i was younger as i way to get around that was fun, cheap and a way that i could arrive at my destination not totally covered in sweat.

Looks like a poor mans dirt bike! I’d ride it though! Why not? I mean, I wouldn’t trade it for my Trance, but I’d hop on it and give it ride or two. I agree with trek7k, the pipe would snap off on the first off-road ride, what is there a few inches maybe? Also agree with Chili, it’s for lazy people. Part of why I ride is because it’s such a great workout. Wouldn’t hurt to give it a spin though.

Heck yeah I would ride it.. Just for the heck of it haha

if I got it for free, YEAH I’D RIDE IT 😄 😆 , but for 300 not a chance. but if for free I’d definitly use it to screw around on seeing as I couldn’t aford a real dirt bike "the poor mans dirt bike" 😆 😆 😆

I think its kinda cool to tool around on, but i would never take it off road. i like the ingenuity behind it. plus i would look dead sexy driving one of those things, the ladies would love it lmao

that is a pocket bike engine thats to funny I have some of those that are water cooled pushing 20 hp need one of them on there.

Heck Yeh,Bike polo comes to mind.I would have loved to have built it to deliver papers when I was a youngster(in age only).

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.