Wonderful Windy way

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

After work today I drove over to the upper lot of Hidden Mesa. Took the route down to HWY 83 and back. The trail was in great condition, dry and fun. The onthe spots of wet I saw were off trail so if you wanna go tomorrow hit it up! :thumbsup: While I was feeling spunky I did not make the last part of the steep hill from the meadow to the mesa on my SS. There is always next time! (I may also change my gearing a bit). I was a bit picture happy, snapping while I rode.. just a heads up

Lets call this the start of the ride (getting here was downhill, tailwind and sun behind me)

There was wind!

Onto the really smooth part, what is this stuff called? I went crazy just thinking about it

Found my exit, back on the dirt I go!

Heading up!

I made it a little past this point before I walked the rest.

Some from the top!

The moon was nice on the drive home. took a pic of that also!

Nice pictures

You got your money’s worth out of that day. I don’t deal well with wind. Looks like you made out just fine though – thanks for posting.

I am no fan of wind, but I wanted to ride dangit LOL It was worth it, parts of the ride were blocked from the wind, others were not.

THAT was a full moon last night huh funrover??It looked exactly the same in the morning when I walked out the front door at 5:30 a.m. to go to work but was on the west horizon,it looked like a huge gas lamp it was sooo cool.Nice ride pic’s/ride report as usual funrover…

The moon was awesome, wish I would have taken the pic when I was still in Castle Rock. I don’t have the best camera for night shots but it was sweet looking!

Always enjoy your pics, Funrover. I know how is it to ride SS on windy day – makes you stronger both physically and mentally 😀
      Keep on posting

Thanks for sending all that wind east. 😆

Stump – Thank you! I hope to get much stronger over the next few months

Craig – I am glad to help! LOL 😆

Ugh, I hate riding in the wind, especially if I start out with a tailwind. The whole time I’m thinking about how much the ride is going to suck on the way back.

Nice pics of the moon, Funrover!

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.