Woman who Killed cyclist goes to prison

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

A woman who killed a cyclist in a drunk driving crash gets 3 years in prison.

[url:23yn9p0e]http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/kirkwood-woman-who-killed-cyclist-in-drunk-driving-crash-gets/article_469442dd-e90a-5ad3-a9f4-fedb6aa31a2d.html[/url:23yn9p0e]

She should have gotten more!

Life in prison wouldnt be enough

That is injustice. A 19 yo loses his life while the taxpayers pay for her to have free medical care, food, housing, and the ability to parole after just a year? I really hope Karma exists sometimes…

Wow, that is insane. Get drunk, kill someone, and only get 3 years?!

I know, it makes me even more upset since it it so close to home for me. Only around 10 miles from my front door!

Drunk driving that results in any death should be 1st degree murder. None of this manslauter nonsense!

what a load of crap 3 years out in 1 she should have the same as the kid she ran over

Speaking of cyclist fatalities, there was a cyclist killed on Friday just 6 miles from where I live! It was on a popular road bike route that I’ve ridden numerous times… so freaky, and so tragic! 😢

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Speaking of cyclist fatalities, there was a cyclist killed on Friday just 6 miles from where I live! It was on a popular road bike route that I’ve ridden numerous times… so freaky, and so tragic! 😢

Wow, that sucks. This is why I have such reservations about buying a road bike. I will just stick with gravel and try to force myself to ride the indoor trainer when the trail conditions are unfavorable!

That’s horrible… get totally wasted, REAR-END a teenager on a bike, killing him, and get 3 years… with a possibility of parole after a year?!? Good God, shame on that judge and jury. I’d love to know what that "plea bargain" entailed of… this is infuriating.

"Fitch" wrote

That’s horrible… get totally wasted, REAR-END a teenager on a bike, killing him, and get 3 years… with a possibility of parole after a year?!? Good God, shame on that judge and jury. I’d love to know what that "plea bargain" entailed of… this is infuriating.

I know it is just plain dumb. If it had been a sober person the sentence would probably by 10 years or more, for vehicular homicide. But nope she was drunk so it is manslaughter! Stupid judicial system!

I had a friend here in CA that had a fender bender while drunk. The people in the other car claimed wiplash, which was crap, and one’s father just happened to be a lawyer. She went to jail for a couple months and was on house arrest (ankle bracelet) for a year! Guess the laws are way more lenient where that happened.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.