witch bike to buy ???felt or trek

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone I am new agine to mountain bikeing did it alot when i was in high school but know i am 2 and out of shape but ready to ride I am going back and forth between a trek marlin 29er with bottom of the line shocks and drive train or a felt nine trail with the same bottom of the line shock and drivetrain both cost $600.00 and that is the most I can spend I would shure like to find a good used bike but haveing no luck on craigslist ?? so if anyone could give there 2 cents I would greatly appreciate the help also the bike I want also needs to be a hardtail thanks

I dont think you can go wrong with trek, but if the other has the same parts it would be just as good. If you are into the 29" hardtails here is one just over your spending limit. I would probably stay away from craigslist anyways, you have no clue how the bike has been used.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/ … ke+09.aspx

good luck!!!

thanks for the input I am still not disided ???

after reading a article about the 29er Im not so sure I should buy one. I am 5-8 tall 190 lbs and i like to jump off stuff and go on alot of single track so I am know thinking of the 26inch trek 4300 disc bike for $660.00 what do you guys think ???

The 4300 is a great starter bike. Can’t really go wrong with it.

Have you test ridden either of these? Which one feels better?

test drive on the 29ers only I owne a old DB 26 inch mountain bike but its old and the derailers do not work and no front brake right now

"jasontech" wrote

test drive on the 29ers only I owne a old DB 26 inch mountain bike but its old and the derailers do not work and no front brake right now

If they’ve got similar components for the same price, I think its up to you to decide.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.