Winter riding in the Southeast

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Looking for some areas to ride in the southeast that is not full of snow in the winter months. Exclude Florida I live in Florida I am looking outside this area. Any suggestions will be welcomed.

I mean, Georgia and South Carolina stay pretty snow-free all year, and North Carolina can sometimes offer up some pretty good conditions.

PS I’m moving this topic to the Southeast forum… might get some better answers there.

The Augusta, GA area has over 150 miles of singletrack including 35ish miles of FATS and IMBA Epic. I ride year round here and after six years in the area have only had to ride in the snow twice. Yes there are many mornings that is in the 30’s but if you dress correctly it is no big deal. This past Saturday it was 31 at 5:30am when I started my ride, by noon is was in the low 60’s.

For more info of the riding scene check out http://www.sorbacsra.org

The Kerr Scott Trails in NC are great through the winter. Snow isnt terribly common, Its often mid 40’s even in the dead of winter. Once you actually get into the NC mtns its hit or miss, but if you pick the right weekend it can be great (Pisgah). I hear good things about Tsali tho I have yet to go in winter.

The Atlanta area and everything south does not get snow. I ride all year.

we ride every Sunday morning at yellow river, 7:30 am
      park at the play ground lot

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.