Will this work?

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Will this work?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Found an unbelievable deal for a Fox Float R 20mm 160mm Mountain Bike Suspension Fork.

I own a Cannondale SV-1000 and the front single shock just isnt cutting it for me. I am constantly bottoming out.

I can get this fork for around 100 bucks and it looks like the MSRP it 899. Will I need to get some sort of adapter or something.

I eventually plan on upgrading my bike altogether and I like the idea of taking the components with me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

You’ll need hubs that will fit the 20mm axle. Not sure what the steering tube size is for the fork but you should also make sure it’ll fit your frame. Newer versions come in both 1&1/8" steerer and 1&1/2" versions.

Do you mean the Super V-1000 FS bike of 1999. If so that bike had100mm travel, and going to 160mm may be too big of a change. You will need to purchase the adapter to go from a headshok to a regular headset. Or you can purchase a DoubleXC short headset from Cane Creek that will also fit. Visit the local Cannondale dealer near you. They could easily order it in for ya.
      You will also need a new front wheel that has a 20mm axle.

Thanks for the advise!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.