Will a Sram PC-971 work?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I have a Specialized FSR Comp XC 2008. Specialized says it uses a 1/2” x 3/32” 9 speed chain. I was given the Sram PC-971 that is a 1/2” x 11/128” 9 speed chain. I am wondering if I can use it on my bike or if it will not work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

No problem… Go for it…

You can use any chain such as long as it is designed for 9-speed..That accounts for any KMC, Sram, Shimano chains that are out there…Cheers hope that helps…

Sram is a good choice as well. You get a powerlink which allows you to remove the chain without tools, which when it comes time to servicing is a great plus.

Cheers

Thanks for the information, I wasn’t sure about tolerances etc. I will give it a try and let you know how it works. Thanks

"element22" wrote

You get a powerlink which allows you to remove the chain without tools, which when it comes time to servicing is a great plus.

I’ve still got a lot to learn about bike maintenance. I’m pretty sure I have a powerlink. Can you expand on how that works exactly?

thanks.

It takes a little getting used to but the power link is a really simple way to get your chain apart.Check out this link and scroll down to the master link paragraphs,it’ll show with pics how to use it.

[url:ec0yy6zz]http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=25[/url:ec0yy6zz]

I’ve been using master links since the 70’s when I rode BMX bikes,somtimes they can be kinda hard to get apart like when there new,but once you get em apart a time or two they really work easy to get apart.

Okay, cool. I’ll have to go inspect mine more closely now that I understand the concept a little better. Thanks.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.