Wife/Girlfriend has found a hardtail she likes….

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

This afternoon on a whim I stopped into Play It Again Sports and say a Giant SE XTC 2 with a set of Rock Shox Judy forks.I have no idea what model year it is, or what its worth but they take trades so we may be able to swing it.She LOVES it and it finally feels right on her so I’ll sell mine and her bike to get it for her tomarrow.

I’ll get pics tomarrow for everyone..see if $189 is a steel even with trades!

Well,they offered me $36 for my bike so they can suck a bag of *$&@*,I’m gonna call Shonna’s parents and hit em up for Christmas money early.

Talked to her parents,its all good,gonna put a downpayment on it tuesday or tomorrow and pick it up the 7th!!!!!
      This will make a world of difference for her and the family!!!!!

[url:2e0ezj3n]http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2001&Brand=Giant&Model=XTC+SE+2&Type=bike[/url:2e0ezj3n]

Apparently no,no downpayment,the dude either lied or we both heard him wrong.Hope its still there on the 7th!

JDH

They need a "Blue Book" value listing for bikes lol

Sounds like the deal is getting shadier by the minute?!?

xtc is a nice bike model though.

I hit my boss up for a loan so we could get the bike before the trip to Santos this weekend.SHE IS THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!

It has the original 9 year old michelin tires on it so those need replaced but everything else on it is great and I talked him down an extra $10 since it had mismatched grips.

Pretty nice for $179 !

[url:1vhsv6vl]http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2001&Brand=Giant&Model=XTC+SE+2&Type=bike[/url:1vhsv6vl]

"GALAXY" wrote

I hit my boss up for a loan so we could get the bike before the trip to Santos this weekend.SHE IS THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!

It has the original 9 year old michelin tires on it so those need replaced but everything else on it is great and I talked him down an extra $10 since it had mismatched grips.

Pretty nice for $179 !

[url:mt4ddq2h]http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2001&Brand=Giant&Model=XTC+SE+2&Type=bike[/url:mt4ddq2h]

Slap a pic of the actual ride

Yeah i agree, Im trying to get my gf to ride with me and my brother, Got to find her a bike..

Here is her new bike…

I got home and she announced that she is scared of the ladder bridge,she got halfway up the skinniest part and chickened out from lack of speed.On the other hand,she was out riding before I got home and just loves the way the bike feels.I’d like to find those original Michelins and replace the tires but I’ll have to see what’s around.

Good deal!
      The geometry gives it a very low stand over height and it is probably fairly light, all in all that should be a great bike to practice on.

Yeah,she’s got a good standover height on it and it and can get on and off a bit more easily.I’ll tell her to get up the bridge,we’ll most likely mess with it Saturday and I’ll show her how fast I’ve been hitting it.I told her you’ve just basically gotta commit to making it up to the wide part but even getting halfway up the skinny part wouldn’t have happened on the other bike so she’s doing great so far.

I contacted a friend with my old hardtail with the XTR brakes to see if he’d sell it back to me so I can put them on the Giant,we’ll see what happens.

Chris is doing great really,I told him if he brought home a good report card I’d get him a new bike and he brought home one with all A’s and B’s so we’re gonna look for a 24" for him.I sent you a couple PM’s but wasn’t sure if your inbox was full or if you’re busy lately so I didn’t know if I should send another one,haha

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.