Why do you ride?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Why do you ride? For the hell of it?

I ride to get away from the stress of school and my mom…. Plus it’s fun. 😎

Clif Shot Bloks are the only reason I ride.

A work out that is fun. This is my second MTB stint and it’s fun to see the progress as you get into shape. Getting pumped to clean a hairy climb and if you don’t no one knows about it. A crummy day riding is better than a good day doing anything else, almost. 😄 Later,

I have a short attention span and hate to repeat myself. But MTBing is the one thing I’ve found that never gets old–even on the same ol’ trail.

I ride to have fun and be active. I love the exertion of the climbs and the thrill of tearing down the descents. It’s also a way to be physical and exercise while being closer to nature at the same time. That’s a big part of it for me. It’s why road biking has never appealed to me.

So to sum it up:
      Adrenaline, sweat, and nature. 😃

just love it!!!!!!! it is something that just feels natural like peanut butter and jelly. can’t get enough of it. and rubksnoob you really should try road biking talk about getting in shape quick. really helps out with mtbing. ecspecially with leg and lung. i road bike during week and i let r rip in the woods on weekends. just makes you very strong.

"bikenut1" wrote

just love it!!!!!!! it is something that just feels natural like peanut butter and jelly. can’t get enough of it. and rubksnoob you really should try road biking talk about getting in shape quick. really helps out with mtbing. ecspecially with leg and lung. i road bike during week and i let r rip in the woods on weekends. just makes you very strong.

It’s not that I have anything against road biking, it’s just that given the choice between road biking and trail riding. . . I’ll hit the trails every time. 😃

Although, I do on occassion ride our old clunker road bike to get places if the car is running low on gas. . .

I ride for the rush of trees flying by inches from your handlebars, like Return of the Jedi lol. The green tunnel effect as the outside world blurs away. Faster and faster, until all your problems are left out on the trail. I ride for the exhaustion, and the sense of fulfillment i get from it after beating a personal best. I ride for my life, and the mental/health benefits i get from ‘leaving it out on the trail’. Ride on, good gentlemen, ride on… 😎

bc it’s fun and helps me to cut down weight

* my wife would kill me for spending so much on a bike if I didn’t ride!
      * my couch gets tired of my fat a$$
      * if I don’t get a ride in my kids pay!
      * it’s a heck of a lot more fun than running
      * allows me to eat (more) mango habanero wings at BWW on tuesday nites
      * scars are cool

"Beaker" wrote

* my wife would kill me for spending so much on a bike if I didn’t ride!
      * my couch gets tired of my fat a$$
      * if I don’t get a ride in my kids pay!
      * it’s a heck of a lot more fun than running
      * allows me to eat (more) mango habanero wings at BWW on tuesday nites
      * scars are cool

😆

I am not sure what got me into riding, but it has only been two seasons and I am in love.

* I ride for the excitement…the thrill of conquering something you didn’t have the stones to do last time.

* I like the sweating…the feel of accomplishment after a good, long pedal where, when I finally dismount, I can barely walk but I know it is a good pain. I like how every single ride is different, regardless of whether or not it is a trail you ride every day, it changes. It is so cool how you can ride a trail in reverse and it is a totally different experience.

*I love the beauty of nature and seeing strips of brown singletrack between tall trees and fern.

There is something so amazing about the whole experience that only people who are in the sport can really understand.

I ride because when its just me, my bike, and the trail (maybe some friends) I forget everything that clutters up my brain. Clarity. I ride because when I’m pushing myself up a nasty hill and I keep telling myself "just a little further and then I can rest (then just keep going anyway)," I like to feel that well-deserved smile creep across my face, then back to the grimmace and grind. Internal feeling of accomplishment. I ride because when my tires leave the ground, regardless of whether I stick it or eat it, my heart starts racing and I know that, if only for a few short seconds, I’m flying. Adrenaline. I ride to feel the wind in my face and nature all around. That’s why I ride.

Reads like a commercial. hahaha.

Gravity rush (like skiing), cross training, dog runs, amazing trails and scenery, trail side munchies, tech challenges, save gas and legs and buns of steel.

I started as a way to get into shape. (Apparently round is not a shape). It then turned into something I did for fun, now I do it for any reason I can come up with.

I have a Haro Flightline 3 with some add-ons and I just bought a Specialized Rockhopper Pro 29er. Both are HT’s. The Haro was my first bike into the sport and the Specialized is everything my Haro didnt have. 😆 Both are HT’s.

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.