Who else is watching Rampage right now?

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Who else is watching Rampage right now?

--
SHARES

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff Barber 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Been watching for the past couple hours, but it looks like there are some tech difficulties at the moment. 🙁 Is it working for anyone else right now?

Semenuk’s run was incredible, tough to imagine anyone topping it for the final round…

Semenuk FTW.

Watched some of it. Gets better every year.

Watched the first run, went for a ride, when I got back, nothing basically changed after the 2nd run. Awesome event!

The more I see of Brendan Fairclough’s run the more impressed I am. The drop off the Rock is huge and the canyon gap flip followed by the most technical chute is incredible. I feel that the cameras were not placed well to truly appreciate what he accomplished.

This may be true for several of the riders but Brendan is the one I follow the most. I wonder what it would have taken for him to podium or win. I think a spin trick or maybe a front flip would have pushed him over. 450 on one of his hips perhaps. If there was a mountain bike thrill ride, Brendan’s run had it all (except for spins).

Brendog’s POV vid is here:

Frankly, watching the POV’s of the Rampage riders scares the shit out of me. I ride pretty gnarly stuff regularly, but that mountain’s a different level entirely. I’m a pretty good cyclist. Those guys are athletes. I know with skill comes confidence, but those riders are from outer space. With skillsets I’ll never possess. Fun to watch!

Those guys are athletes. I know with skill comes confidence, but those riders are from outer space.

Absolutely. Check out today’s podcast interview with Rémy Métailler. I asked him how he’s able to do this, and if he’s ever scared. It’s a shame he didn’t make the cut this year, such a talented rider. Pretty sure he’ll be back at Rampage next year.

Rémy Métailler on What it Takes to Huck Your Meat [Podcast]

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.