Which Bike

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hi guys,
      I’m only new to this site, calling in from Ireland 😀

My question is I have 1000€ to spend in one particular bike shop here in cork, they stock Giant and Trek only and they recommended the Giant XTC 2 which costs 999€ euro here but it does not have the 29 inch wheels. I was looking at the Talon 29’er 0 but the guy in the shop said the xtc was far better.

So can anyone advise me firstly which would be a better buy trek or giant and then if so what would be best for my budget?

Many thanks,

Paul

The xTC is a higher level bike than the Talon, both in frame construction and components.

It will come down to personal preference as to whether you prefer the 29 or the 26. I have recently switched to 29 and I don’t see myself ever going back.

How much more is the xTC 29er? Do they perhaps have a leftover 2011 model hiding in the back somewhere.

Finally, see if they will let you ride both and then you can decide which one you like better.

Good luck!

Hi there,
      thanks for the reply. It was actually the XTC 3 they recommended…the cost of a xtc 29er is 1599€ so quite a hike in price.

So would you recommend the XTC 3 above the talon 29er ?

does the 29 inch wheels make that much of a difference?

Thanks again,

Paul

You’ll need to test ride both and decide for yourself.

"maddslacker" wrote

You’ll need to test ride both and decide for yourself.

+1

I’m a big fan of 29ers, but riding both bikes yourself is the only way to see which one you like.

Cheaper 29ers really suffer from heavier wheels, moreso than 26" bikes. But the big wheels do like to run stuff over better.

Ride ’em both! Let us know which one you end up with, and why you picked it.

Hi Richard,
      thanks for the input. The bike shop has to order the bikes in so I doubt they’ll let me test ride them. I’m leaning towards the XTC3 simply for price reasons…I’d love to go for the xtc29’er but cost dictates.

Paul

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.