Which bike should I buy?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

We get this question on the forums all the time and now we have a completely un-serious tool to help you decide. Just answer a few short questions (like what type of beer do you prefer?) and we’ll spit out an answer.

Take the quiz and share your results here!

http://www.singletracks.com/what-type-of-bike.php

I got the Niner RIP 9 which isn’t surprising–it is a 29er afterall. 😀

Niner Rip 9 for me as well. I’d be curious to see what the other selections are.

I got the Yeti 575! Although a couple of tweaks on questions I could honestly answer a couple different ways yielded the Kona Entourage and the Niner RIP 9.

Maybe I can tell my wife I need 3 bikes? 😛

Some of the bikes require answering the questions in an extreme way. I think a lot of people are getting Trail/AM bikes because that’s sorta the middle of the market.

Answer the questions as if you were Syd (or maybe even dgaddis) and you’ll get some interesting bikes. 😀

"jeff" wrote

Some of the bikes require answering the questions in an extreme way. I think a lot of people are getting Trail/AM bikes because that’s sorta the middle of the market.

Answer the questions as if you were Syd (or maybe even dgaddis) and you’ll get some interesting bikes. 😀

But if many people are getting these middle-of-the-range all mountain rigs, that would be in line with our findings that 61% of mountain bikers ride all mountain bikes ;)

Well, in my case this turned out to be pretty darned accurate. I was a happy owner of a Yeti 575 for 8 years. The only reason I don’t own one today is because I replaced it with a Yeti Five and a Yeti Seven, covering both ends of the trail riding spectrum. However, if I could only own one bike this would almost certainly be it. I have yet to throw a leg over the new version with the 27.5" wheels though. I am curious . . .

I got an Airborne Goblin. Not thanks to the alum hardtail, and the 29er. As far as HTs go the new XTC Advanced 27.5 would be more my style. Seriously, 61% of MTBers are on AM bikes? Does that mean 75% of them have too much bike?

Wow, Airborne Goblin for me! I am actually considering that bike at the moment!

I got the Vassago JabberWocky Rigid Singlespeed, exactly what I wouldn’t ride. Surprises me a little bit, cos my answer to rocks on the trail was the one that mentions full suspension

"jazclrint" wrote

Seriously, 61% of MTBers are on AM bikes? Does that mean 75% of them have too much bike?

Ha! I suspect the answer is yes. 😀

"jeff" wrote

[quote="jazclrint":2j30b8cx]Seriously, 61% of MTBers are on AM bikes? Does that mean 75% of them have too much bike?

Ha! I suspect the answer is yes. 😀[/quote:2j30b8cx]
      Agreed! I have one and I know it can handle more than I can throw at it on a daily basis! What I like about the AM bike is that I can ride it on the weekend cross country rides and then still have a enough of a bike when I hit up the lift/shuttle dh rides.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.