Which bike? Please Help.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

I like the trek 3900 disc and the Diamondback Response Comp Mountain Bike 2011, but I am not sure which is better. I have heard some bad things about Diamondback. First, which is a better bike? Second, which would be better for Colorado Springs riding? Thanks for the help.

Could anyone please help? Or even recommend a different one that is the same price or a little cheaper that is better? Also, I am worried about the diamondback, because I just checked out the reviews for it on single track, and some people said it was good, but others said the brakes and especially fork were bad. I dont know too much about MBs, but arent forks really expensive? Then I would not get that one.

For that type of price point you are not going to get good brakes and a good fork. The reviews are probably comparing the fork and brakes to better bikes and components. While neither of these bikes are going to have great componentry, go with the one that fits you better.

"treky92" wrote

For that type of price point you are not going to get good brakes and a good fork. The reviews are probably comparing the fork and brakes to better bikes and components. While neither of these bikes are going to have great componentry, go with the one that fits you better.

good point. Does anyone know if the trek can handle Palmer Park?

It is true about the components, but I started on the Trek 3900 and it will definitely handle Palmer Park. It’s more a matter of for how long. My 3900 was a great first bike, but they are not worth dumping $$ into over time to improve components. If you ride hard at PP you will wear that bike out fast. Think about used or a year old model at a bike shop and go up one step. Fuel Ex a little used and spend money over time swapping out components. Good luck.

Also, my son rides a 3900 and out rides me on my Remedy 8.

thanks.

Ok, what about this bike? Giant Revel 1. It has a 100mm fork. How would it go at palmer park? Also, is better compared to the trek?

You’re awfully concerned about Palmer Park … have you even ridden any of these around the parking lot?

Test ride as many bikes as you can that fit your budget, get the one that fits and feels the best, then ride it wherever you want.

I spent my first three years of mountain biking riding a $150 used Specialized Rockhopper all over Colorado and Utah. The only upgrades I made to it in that time were tires and the fork. And yes it could handle trails like Palmer Park.

"maddslacker" wrote

You’re awfully concerned about Palmer Park … have you even ridden any of these around the parking lot?

Test ride as many bikes as you can that fit your budget, get the one that fits and feels the best, then ride it wherever you want.

I spent my first three years of mountain biking riding a $150 used Specialized Rockhopper all over Colorado and Utah. The only upgrades I made to it in that time were tires and the fork. And yes it could handle trails like Palmer Park.

Ok, I guess I am being a little weird. I will try some, then get one.

yeah, i agree it, Test ride as many bikes as you can that fit your budget, get the one that fits and feels the best, then ride it wherever you want.thanks for your sharing. Image

What did you get?

"Gdb49" wrote

What did you get?

I finally went with the giant revel 1. It felt great, and I really like it.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.