Where are you riding your mountain bike next year?

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author

Which mountain bike destination are you planning to visit next year? Putting together a list of everyone’s favorites…

Pisgah, if I’m lucky!

I’m hoping to hit, in chronological order, Sedona, Hurricane, Bentonville, and Copper Harbor. Two long shots are Bend and Whistler.

The Kingdommmmm!!

…and Allegrippis and Douthat.

Of course, all of this will depend upon work, and the weather, both of which were beyond sucky in 2018. :- (

Winsor and South Boundary in NM.  Monarch Crest and Kenosha to Breckenridge in CO.  Other portions of the CT north of Monarch.

<p style=”text-align: right;”>I’ll be hitting Santos all winter with an April trip planned to Arkansas (Hot Springs & Bentonville).  Come summer I head to Oregon with stops in Bend, Oakridge and probably the McKenzie River.  Throw in numerous rides around Mt. Hood (Sandy Ridge, Surveyors Ridge and other 44 Road trails), Timberline to Town and Post Canyon.  Several spots along the road while traveling from which to choose…… several Colorado choices or hit Maah Daah Hey trail in North Dakota and then Bozeman, Montana.</p>

Will try to get out to Moab, and some stuff about 30 miles from my place, around 9000 ft. Also, try to get over to some stuff about 50-100 miles south of me, or a little further (Crested Butte). Maybe some stuff east of me as well (Palisade, Rifle, Eagle).

Pisgah for me and on hiking and horse trails along the Blue Ridge parkway up around Asheville.

NC, SC, GA

best mountain bike riding in the world

Coldwater Mtn, Al

Hoping to go to the world cup in Snowshoe WV, assume I will be able to get some riding in there or on the way.

Definitely going to ride all the trails at Jake’s Rocks in Warren PA.

Definitely Pisgah at least once! Hoping to possibly fit in a trip to Copper Harbor, Michigan as well, for the 2nd time.

my main big trip on the schedule this year is the Colorado Trail! I’ve ridden about 30 miles of it on another trip but we’re setting out to ride it in its entirety in August, beginning to end in one push. Also, definitely planning to hit up Windrock Bike Park in TN again, gnarliest stuff on the east coast

The only two destinations I have planned are Mulberry Gap, Elijay GA and one of the downhill parks in NC, Bailey, Beech or Sugar to try downhill for the first time.

Of course I will continue to make day and weekend trips to Alafia and Santos as I usually do.

Other than my daily rides in North Texas, and a few weekends in Central Texas and the Panhandle, I’ll be hitting my usual vacation rides in Colorado (basing out of Vail), and California/Nevada (basing out of South Lake Tahoe).  Will likely have a few unplanned last minute trips to Bentonville, Arkansas.  On the drawing board are trips to the Santa Fe/Taos, New Mexico area, an OuterBike or two, and maybe Sedona Bike Fest.

Pisgah, Dupont, and if you believe it Warrior’s Path & Bays Mountain in Kingsport TN. All that great Appalachian gnar!

This year I’m hoping to get out to Sedona, Fruita, Santos, and Bentonville.

Mohican, maybe others.

Planning on a family mountain bike trip to Bend Oregon.

So stoked to see so many East Coast wishlist destinations. East Coast has so much awesome riding!

Also see several Arkansas references. I went to school at U of A a LONG time ago. Planning to get back to the area this year to check out the scene. Plan to knock a couple IMBA Epics off the list too.

Hope everyone makes it to their destination. Maybe I’ll see ya out there!

Mohican is on me and my riding partner’s list. I would join in if someone organizes a Singletracks group ride. I will have to train though to do the full 25.

Singletracks IMBA epic group rides tour. Anyone?

YongpyongMTBpark in South, KOREA if you are somewhere in Asia.

#YongpyongMTBpark #YPmtbPark

Love all the ride plans in this thread—everyone is getting after it!!

I’m personally trying to be more proactive in the coming year. My plans include:

-Hawaii (at least one ride)

-Sedona

-Whistler, Squamish, Vancouver Island, Bellingham, Seattle, and Oakridge (roadtrip)

-Chamonix

-Hopefully Switzerland as well

and of course, lots of Colorado!!

Working on some New Zealand plans (South Island, probably Queenstown) but that’ll be late 2019 at the soonest, maybe 2020.

Greg, How the heck are you?  Sounds like you’ve got quite the year planned.  I hope the knee is sound and up to the rigors.  New Zealand South Island, oh yah, for sure.  Drop dead gorgeous.  And if you love stars and the night sky, Mt. John University Observatory at Lake Tekapo has regular public viewing (for a price).  They do a great job of teaching you the southern night sky.  It is a nice balance of viewing with the naked eye to get perspective/big picture and viewing interesting objects through multiple telescopes.  First rate program and experience.

Greg, How the heck are you?  Sounds like you’ve got quite the year planned.  I hope the knee is sound and up to the rigors.  New Zealand South Island, oh yah, for sure.  Drop dead gorgeous.  And if you love stars and the night sky, Mt. John University Observatory at Lake Tekapo has regular public viewing (for a price).  They do a great job of teaching you the southern night sky.  It is a nice balance of viewing with the naked eye to get perspective/big picture and viewing interesting objects through multiple telescopes.  First rate program and experience.

Doing pretty well! Knee is improving but progress isn’t as fast as I’d like. Had a lot of great experiences in 2018, but less riding than hoped. May-September was pretty rough. That said, PT is paying off and I’m pretty amped as 2019 gets started!

To be fair, New Zealand is my furthest out objective 😉 it’s impossible to know what opportunities or obstacles life will serve up between now and then, but hopefully, finally, I’ll get down there!
        Holla at me when you plan to hit the Crest and ride the CT near here… would love to join you for a rip!

I’m loving all the plans.  I have tons of paces I want to hit.  I know, however, that it most likely won’t happen.  I would like to bikepack as much as possible.

Trips that will most likely happen:

-Bikepack from Washington DC to Pittsburgh via the C&O and GAP trails. This will be my wife’s first tour, so we picked something she feels comfortable with and that has lots of side excursions that she can do while traveling.

-Rifle, Fruita, Grand Junction in CO

-I also want to hit Curt Gowdy and Happy Jack trail systems more this year.  These are both in Southern Wyoming near Laramie.  This is a pretty close drive for my Colorado peeps, so if you plan to head that way, hit me up and I’ll join you!!!

-Want to do a Bikepack trip from my town in WY to Steamboat for the Reds, Whites, and Brews Festival.

-Want to Bikepack the Indian Peaks Traverse from Boulder, CO to Winter Park, CO

-I would love to make it to the Jackson, WY area since I have never been there yet, despite living in WY for nearly the last 5 years

<p>Mostly local trails might go to some ones a few minutes away no insane trips.</p>

Define a few minutes away? How close are your local trails?

Viewing 26 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.