Wheelset help

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Wheelset help

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

My son has a 2021 Orange Clockwork Hardtail Mountain Bike 29″ front trye says 2.5 back 2.4, he needs a new wheelset due to a crash, im planning on getting them as a gift but didnt realise how hard this is to get the exact sizing and correct ones that fit, can anyone help me out here? After some research i think the ones that came on the bike where WTB ST i30 on Strange 29 i think anyway looking at the website we brought it from, Looking to get mid-high/highest quality available in the right size, any links or any info where to get them doesnt have to be the same brand.
      Any help? I can do my best to answer any questions needed to help, cheers guys

That’s a pretty standard size wheel so you shouldn’t have any problems finding a replacement.

What you need is a 29″ diameter wheel, with a 30mm internal rim width. One thing to sort out is which drivetrain he has, specifically the cassette standard: SRAM, or Shimano.  It seems likely it’s a Shimano Microspline based on the 2021 builds that were sold.

This Nukeproof set should work: https://tidd.ly/3OEGB51

Here is the WTB WTB ST i30 with Shimano MS freehub

You could talk to your local bike shop about putting some new quality rims on the existing hubs ?

Check out Hunt wheels

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.