Wheels/Tires for Clydesdales

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

For tires and wheels…There is not much info out here for us Clydesdales (200lb)…. In my case Super Clydesdale..250++

I bought a great 29er a while back that I love.. the stock wheels(alex DH 19 32H) just cant handle my weight (265) and since i’m getting better and my riding style is becoming more aggressive….. I’m thinking about a new tire wheel set… I have gained some knowledge from what I can find on the web… I don’t really care about weight and speed bc I just ride for fun and exercise. I def want to get the biggest fattest high volume tire and strongest rim I can get for average to above avg cost. I will pay if its going to last.. I came across this "Salsa Gordo" and the reviews seem great.. I would plan to add to it a WTB Weirwolf tire or something like that…. Anyone have any experience with these types of big wheel setups and can toss out any knowledge… I would be very appreciative..

Check out the Giant XC-S wheels that come stock on their 29ers. They are heavy, but very strong, and lots of people upgrade from them so they can be found cheap on craigslist or ebay.

Also check out Stans ZTR Flow All Mountain wheels.

Hi there Spartan,

While I can’t help you out with your specific needs in regards to your wheels, I wanted to pass on a suggestion my LBS made: When the new seasons wheels roll out, ask about closeout sets as they’ll be sold at a pretty substantial reduction. He looked up a couple sets for me and the year prior(often with no changes between the two years) were up to 1/2 the price. If and when I get a new set, that’s how I’ll do it.

Madd, I cant find any Giants around do you have any more info on Stans? You see a lot of big guys having success on them? Also any advice on hub setups??

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.