Wheel upgrade

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I am looking to upgrade the wheels on my 2011 Specialized Camber Elite 29er. I have been researching, but I would like some ideas from more experienced riders. I ride in the Midwest, so there are roots, rocks and short uphills and downhills. I am looking to drop some weight but still have strong wheels. I weigh about 200lbs and I would say I am between beginner and intermediate rider. I do not do big drops. I have looked at the PUR wheels from Bicycle Wheel Warehouse and it looks like they get good reviews, but am also interested in what other wheels are out there. I am not planning on going tubeless at this time, but you never know.

What’s your price range?

I would like to be under/around $400-$500 if possible. I want something that is reliable and lighter than what came stock with the bike.

Stan’s Arch wheels are pretty popular at the top end of that range.

Due to a shipping issue I don’t have them yet, but watch for an upcoming blog review on the new Easton EA70 wheels. The incorrect 26" ones they sent looked and felt great, so I am excited to see the 29" ones they arrive.

JensonUSA has them at right around $500 for the pair, depending on with hub/axle type you need.

How about the Sun Ringle Charger Pro 29er wheels? They seem to get good reviews and the price isn’t too bad.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.