What type of MTB route do you prefer?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

I’d say the loop or the lariat.

Lariat = lollipop

I like networks. Seems like more of a choose-your-own-adventure type of thing 😀

I like the ones i can ride 😛 More seriously i don’t really care about the trail as far as loop or out and back. i look at them based on fun factor.

I’m not sure if mine is listed. I think it’s called the stacked loop. The "main" trail has loops off of it that are usually harder in difficulty.

Sunderbruch Park in Davenport, IA is a great example of this. Turn right at every intersection and you’ll hit the entire trail or keep left for a shorter and easier ride.

I think of that as a network as well. Regardless of what its called, I like it as well. We have a good example of it as well here (jackrabbit).

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Loop or lollipop are my favorite. Then I just ride a trail and not stopping at every intersection to make sure I’m going in rite direction. Still I rode some networks similar to what Jared described and those are fun too.

I like networks that can be worked into a multitued of loops. That way you are a lot less likely to grow bored with a trail system!

"Jared13" wrote

I’m not sure if mine is listed. I think it’s called the stacked loop. The "main" trail has loops off of it that are usually harder in difficulty.

Sunderbruch Park in Davenport, IA is a great example of this. Turn right at every intersection and you’ll hit the entire trail or keep left for a shorter and easier ride.

I’ll have to check that place out next time I’m visiting the folks 😼

I enjoy network type trails. Every ride can be different and the difficulty can be as well, which is nice cause I ride with different people with different levels of abilities.

I have to say I like them all–even an out-and-back is a whole different trail on the return leg 😃 . Fortunately, I have immediate or near-immediate access to every layout conceivable. If I had to live with just one, it would probably be a network or stacked loop, so I could take different routes and at least feel like I have access to such variety.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.