What Riders Want From Their Gloves

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello Everyone,

I am doing a school project in which I have to come up with a problem, research the problem, and then come up with a solution with prototypes and an example of a final, finished project.

For one of the first/ basic problems, I figured I’d see what you all want from your gloves, and anything else that you might want out of them.

Questions:

#1: If you could add anything to your gloves, what would that be?

#2: What do you dislike about your current gloves?

#3: What material(s) are your gloves made of?

#4: Do your current gloves provide any protection for your knuckles and/or palms?

#5: What’s your favorite feature in your gloves?

#6: What seasons do you ride in?

#7 If there were to be more research/ development into mountain biking glove technology, what would be your first priority?

I would really appreciate any responses, so thank you all in advance for your time.

Interesting topic.  While I always wore gloves I used to think of them more for purposes of grip than for protection.  After having broken a finger and dislocating two others using basic non-padded gloves I now view them primarily for protection.  I switched to the Fox Dirtpaw and have since “upgraded” to the Fox Bomber.

To me, the Fox Bomber design is a good place to start.  It has a plastic knuckle plate lined on the inside which I like.  But it only covers the 4 knuckles and not the thumb.  It would be great if the thumb had similar protection.

These gloves fall apart too easily.  The velcro straps on all my gloves are torn.  Washing the gloves only makes them tear more easily and for some gloves the colors begin to leach out.

Leather

#4: Do your current gloves provide any protection for your knuckles and/or palms?

Yes, both.

Knuckle protection

Year round in the mid Atlantic region

#7 If there were to be more research/ development into mountain biking glove technology, what would be your first priority?

Protection that is comfortable and durable

Sounds like a cool project. Good luck!

#1: If you could add anything to your gloves, what would that be?  …… Better wrist cuffs

#2: What do you dislike about your current gloves?   …… Nothing 661 gloves are perfect!

#3: What material(s) are your gloves made of?   ……Synthetic palms and some type of a single layer poly top.

#4: Do your current gloves provide any protection for your knuckles and/or palms?  …… No top of hand protection, they do have a second wear strip around the thumb. But the palm is one layer.

#5: What’s your favorite feature in your gloves?   ……  Minimal fabric on top. No seams or added layers on the palm or fingers.

#6: What seasons do you ride in?   …… All 4 (side note: I use Klim handlebar muffs if it gets too cold out.) Better to have good control and look dorky than frozen fingers.

#7 If there were to be more research/ development into mountain biking glove technology, what would be your first priority?  ….. Better feel through the palm and fingers. But, having the memory and toughness of a true sheepskin glove. Better slip on cuffs. Printed/ easy year tags and labels.

Questions:

An index finger tip that actually works on a touch screen

Too much padding in the palms

polyester/nylon

Yes

Very breathable with a good grip

All 4 but, I live in the south so warmth is not a concern

longer lasting minimalist gloves.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.