What mtb trails off of highway us-10?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I will be traveling soon from Florida to New Mexico.  Many miles on Us-10.  I will be going thru Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, then head north toward Taos New Mexico.

I was hoping for some cool trails to bike on that is not to far off the main highway.  I have about 10 days to play with.

I have a truck camper for accommodation.  I love state campgrounds as well.  Thanks!

How much time do you have for travel to destination? I can only imagine there are a host of trails available. There are some writeups on Alabama trail systems and new trails that look like stupid good fun. Damn, one of these days I need to hit that area for a trail system fix! Texas has trail systems as well.

You might want to check the various state websites and see if there is any information as well. Chamber of commerce in cities you will be passing through should have information.

Another option is to look into bike shops along your travel route and call em. They usually have the latest info.

If you have Kindle unlimited you can check out the panhandle section of my book for free. “Mountain Biking Florida” for the first part of the trip.  https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Biking-Florida-Alvin-Mullen-ebook/dp/B07Q434LC8

It will be a little dated as the last time I was over there was about four years ago. I was suppose to take a week or two long trip last March to do more research and update, but Covid interfered with that.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.