What mtb socks do you love?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I have a question about socks. I’d like to know what you guys like in a kickass mountain bike sock:

1. What features do you like? Thin or thick? Stretchy synthetic microfibre or merino wool? Extra padding areas like the forefoot? Large cuff size (7-10cm)? Just mention anything you love in a great mtb sock.
      2. Would you be into funky designs and colours? Or do you prefer plain socks?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Bruh, your taking this way too seriously.

whatever’s in the “sale” bin.

I like wearing my Nike Elite running socks.

Get 10 pairs of the $2 variety from China (aliexpress).  They work for me, I burn holes in them every few weeks when I wear them around the house. I burn holes in all my socks, and would never want to pay more than 2 bucks.

I currently like Nashbar’s essential sock, but it looks like they don’t have them for sale online anymore?

Socks are kind of a sensitive subject right now as I am still mourning the loss of one irreplaceable cannondale sock that was eaten by a parking lot in Waitsfield,vt.

I like thin socks that aren’t too poly-estery.

I’m with you! Look good feel good play good is my motto. I have certain socks for work, other socks for hockey, and others for biking. Although my main requirement for biking is thin and high.

I must admit, cycling clothing is a bit of an obsession for me. Everything must be color coordinated and brand matching is a bit of a touchy subject. For my socks I prefer a color matched, crew length in merino wool, with a hike light thickness. Quite a few companies offer partially matcing mtb kits, but rarely a top and bottom with socks and gloves. So yeah, take serious matters seriously!

Swiftwick socks are my favorite. Generally prefer thin, synthetic socks, with a high cuff. No mid or low for me personally. I wear thicker merino wool socks in the winter. Flashy designs are cool, but need to have all-black options as well.

You starting a sock business?

Bellwether socks. The absolute best.

If you haven’t worn a pair, you just don’t know.

I generally prefer standard Pearl Izumi socks, 2 inch tall cuff. But half the time I end up riding in just my everyday socks, because I already have them on at the time and don’t see a need to swap out to different socks

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.