what mtb shoes do ya run

Forums Mountain Bike Forum what mtb shoes do ya run

--
SHARES

This topic contains 11 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  rmap01 6 days, 4 hours ago.

• Author

I was running new balance cross sneakers for a year and they did the job. I did a little riding with my g-bike clipless setup and it was definitely a completely different ride. After going back to flats santa brought me a pair of five ten freeriders and  they are the bomb. Very close to being clipped in. If  only I would a have purchased a pair of these a year ago. One of the best upgrades I did thus far

I have used multiple different old workout shoes. I have found CrossFit shoes have been my favorite so far. Upgrading to good flat pedals made a big difference having a bigger platform and good pins. Made my ride totally different with quality pedals.

Five Ten Freerider Pro for me.

Combined with OneUp Aluminum flat pedals, I’m in love.

Very supportive pedaling platform, almost clipped in feeling with all the benefits of a flat pedal.

I only run my clip less pedals and Shimano XC90 combo on my gravel bike (Niner RLT 9 RDO).

And yes, Gravel bikes are awesome!

5 10 Guide Tennies.

Just some older trail shoes for now.

Five tens are my first choice. I also use any shoe with a Vibram sole and small lugs. Merrell shoes for example. I also ride on wide platform studded pedals.

After using Mavic MTB shoes for years I switched to Five Tens three years ago……I will be returning to Mavics (or maybe Shimano) this season. For me, the Five Tens are just too flexible, the laces are exposed (which has gotten me in trouble with my chainring several times) and God help you if you need to walk up any muddy or wet incline in them, I usually take them off and hike up in my bare feet to gain traction.

FiveTens all the way! Any of their flat pedal shoes are great. It’s their “Stealth” rubber that gives them the edge over other shoes. Like others here have said, with good pedals it almost feels like you’re clipped in. I’ve tried other brands of flat shoes but nothing seems to be as grippy as the FiveTens. They are super durable too.

I still think Five Tens are the best flat shoes you can buy, although I ride clipped in and run Shimano ME7s in summer and MW7s in winter. Awesome combo.

Five-Tens are my shoe of choice hands-down.  Combined with a set of OneUp Composite Pedals, they are tough to beat.

I am running Shimano MT3.  They are pretty good.  I do plan an trying the Mavics next time.  The Mavics seem to be a little more comfortable when I recently tried them on in the store.

Freerider Eleements for flats and a pair of Shimanos when clipped.

Anyone have any experience with Ride Concepts shoes???

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.