What is your favorite iPhone App?

Forums Mountain Bike Forum What is your favorite iPhone App?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

OK, this might be a little off topic, but I just got my first iPhone yesterday, and I’m wondering: what is your favorite iPhone app? (Excluding the ones that come with the phone and Facebook).

If it’s related to riding, cool, but I’d like to hear about everything.

Fill me in!

Riding related:
      iMapMyRide: I’ve tracked every mile I’ve ridden since I’ve gotten it. My family can check my ride in real time and make sure I didn’t fall off a cliff as well, which is pretty cool.

Misc:
      I run it on an android phone, but it’s available on iPhone: Audiogalaxy. I’ve got 15,000 songs stored on a computer at my house and I can listen to them anywhere I have a phone connection. My full library is available to me whether I’m riding in the woods or visiting family 4 states away. I don’t know how I’d get along without it.

Of course it’s the Singletracks app 😼

I don’t even own an iPhone and I knew that one!

Schwim – does that app eat up your data or is it cellular? Just got an iPhone myself a month or so ago.

As for the Singletracks app, I would use it if I had the choice of using the full site with it.

"comacruz" wrote

Schwim – does that app eat up your data or is it cellular? Just got an iPhone myself a month or so ago.

As for the Singletracks app, I would use it if I had the choice of using the full site with it.

You can access the full site easily from an icon inside the singletracks app

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I’m definitely checking them out. Keep them coming!

"comacruz" wrote

Hi there comacruz,

Any app transferring data will use your data plan(it won’t be transferred over voice), however the only transfer going on(unless you’ve got live feed on) is at the end of the ride, when it sends the ride results to the server. During the ride, the app uses gps to track your position, which doesn’t use any data transfer at all.

Thanks for the reply. I was concerned about the gps using data. I’ll have to look into the app and see how it goes. The signal up on the mountain where I trail ride is hit or miss.

It’s like any normal gps system, where it will stitch your route together when areas of dense coverage are encountered. I ride on trails with heavy canopies and the app is surprisingly accurate.

There’s a bunch more to the system as well, but I just use it to track my mileage and not so much for the workout data it provides.

Strava. That is all.

The app I use the most is the economist. It has an audio addition I listen to when driving anywhere.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.