What I did to pass the time while injured.

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Six weeks is a long time to stay off my bikes. So what to do. Well the first week was a waste it’s hard to do anything but watch tv with one arm and a lot of pain. But after that I went down to my LBS and ordered a few new parts for my Nomad. First off the new Fox Ctd was in order. I also got some bling Criss King head set and bottom bracket. My buddy hooked me up with a new shimano XTR race crank and Shimano warranty on the XTR trail brake. so just for fun I took every bolt off my bike and put it back together . If you can’t ride it you might as well work on it. I also had some guys dig a trench from my main electrical panel to my work shed and I installed 60 amps of 240 volts for my new millermatic welder and built a new BBQ stand for my Big Green Egg. I also cleaned my tool shed or man cave and installed peg board to hang some of my 30 + years of collecting tools. I revamped my garden and planted a pollinator flower bed to attract bees and butterfly’s. And I redecorated a closet ( had to give the wife at least one weekend ). Refinished a few pieces of furniture. Good thing I’m feeling better was about to re paint the house. I think my wife was happy that I was gone most of the day yesterday so she could go do what most women folk do SHOP. I called her after the poker run yesterday and instead of her saying when are you coming home she told me to take my time. Sounds like a win win for both of us.

Sounds like a busy rehab! And you did that all one armed?

Yes and a little help from the wife and a lot of pain

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.