What do you want to see at Interbike this week?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

The Singletracks team is at Interbike this week! What do you want to see in our coverage?

We’ll be live posting to Instagram and Twitter during the show and pushing out as many articles as possible each evening/early morning. Check out this tandem fat bike we just posted to Instagram earlier today:

I’ll pay you in bacon and love you forever if you’ll get me a memory stick worth of shots of Vermarc’s VW splittie bus and Huntington Beach Bicycle Co’s VW single cab(bus front, truck bed back).

Maybe an AM hardtail?

I didn’t see an AM hardtail this year but maybe one of the other guys did. Look for a ton of Interbike articles dropping this week!

Wow, what is the rotor size on that fat bike?!  Looks huge!

240 or even a 260 maybe? Stopping a tandem fat bike has to be quite a chore!

In Greg’s Cannondale article he briefly mentioned one.

Just looked it up, that’s a 10″ rotor, which is 254mm.  And I thought a 203mm rotor was big!

Yep, 10″ rotor on the tandem fat bike!

There were definitely a few trail-ish hardtails around, but most companies seem to be gravitating away from billing them as truly “all-mountain.” “Trail” geometry seems to be the term of choice now, and that makes more sense to me: a hardtail with slacker geo and more aggressive parts. But can such a bike ever match the all-mountain-ness of a burly, 6″ travel FS? I don’t think so.

Anyhow, commentary aside, the Beast of the East in my Cannondale article is definitely trail-worthy, both in spec and geo: http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-gear/cannondale-launches-new-fat-caad-fat-bike-with-fat-specific-olaf-lefty-and-plus-sized-bikes/

Also, quite a few, even most, of the new 27.5+ hardtails are sporting trail geometry and more aggressive parts. This makes sense to me: the bigger tire offers better traction and rollover, better handling, and a little more forgiveness. Plus, it’s really not about racing, so might as well make the bike ride a bit more agro where it counts… right? So, keep an eye out for all those 27.5+ hardtails. The Jamis Dragon Slayer 27.5+ steel hardtail (stay tuned for a test ride review) was definitely trail-worthy, in geo, longish travel fork, short stem/wide bars, and routing for a dropper post. Would have been nice to see a stock dropper on there, but some other trail 27.5+ hardtails from other companies are spec’ing a dropper post stock (like the Beast of the East from Cannondale.)

Hope that helps!

-Greg

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.