What did you ride on the 4th of July, 2008? (Post pics)

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum What did you ride on the 4th of July, 2008? (Post pics)

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

I rode at local Happy Jack, but rode the rarely-traveled Double Black Diamond trail at the south end, and then back to Happy Jack parking area (Yellow track).

Nothing epic, only fun.

The kids would not let me go riding to day and now I get to go watch fireworks. Better believe I will be on a trail tomorrow and spending the majority of the day riding after the food that i’ve eaten today. Must have gained 5 lbs.

Winter Park Colorao,this is the only pic I have for now although we are planning on going back in the morning.I’ve been seeing this view ever since I was a kid passing through winter park on fishing trip’s,work week’s,and mountain biking so the view in this pic has been with me forever.
      Today there was’nt alot of riding on the account I got a buddie just getting into mountain biking and spent a good portion of the morning/afternoon running around shopping for a camel bak,bike rack wheel strap’s,and other odd’s and end’s.We also got a late start,although we did make it up to winter park in time to see the new colorado crank work’s slope style ramp’s being built and got to talk to a couple of winter park employee’s who are genuinely pumped up about winter park’s future in the mountain biking world.

She wouldn’t let me take photos, sorry 😳

My bf and I are hitting up WP tomorrow… Is their new terrain as fantastic as they advertise it to be? We’re definitely excited to see where they’re gonna have CrankWorx tho… 😃

cjm

This is my still from my 4th of July Weekend. I was on a fire road at Keystone (Loggers Way). The only baby head in about 100 yards of trail. I was looking for this 2ft booter way down the trail and picked up the baby head at the last second. Just when it felt like the bike was stabilizing, the wheels caught a bad angle and kick me over. The baby head was gone from trail when I went to remove it. Apparently, I knocked the while I was crashing:)
      3 stitches and two antibiotics, new parts for the front disk lever and new body armor (that probably should have been replaced long before the crash).

My bf and I are hitting up WP tomorrow… Is their new terrain as fantastic as they advertise it to be? We’re definitely excited to see where they’re gonna have CrankWorx tho…

[url:1t433cz1]http://mtb.colonies.com/mtb.colonies.com/blog/post/95054/[/url:1t433cz1]

Did you see the new crankworx stuff being built???I’m still riding the old stuff for now and havent started to hit the newer stuff,although that’s what’s so exciting about wp right now is that there are even more trail’s planned for the next 5 year’s with approval.check out this link above and there is anothere link to check out in that one as well.

Did you see the new crankworx stuff being built???I’m still riding the old stuff for now and havent started to hit the newer stuff,although that’s what’s so exciting about wp right now is that there are even more trail’s planned for the next 5 year’s with approval.

\

I did see all the stuff being built for Crankworx and it was all kinds of exciting. It was actually my first time riding at WP and I loved it. I can’t wait to see all the new stuff they’re planning to come up with. Although, I had my worst blonde moment yet on Sunday… I forgot the front tire of my bike back in Greeley in my garage 😈 so that sucked, I had to rent a bike and it was in horrible shape. Made me love my bike even more

TIP;next time you forget your wheel and have your bike with you,just take the wheel out of the rental(if it work’s with your bike)and put it in your bike.hahahahaha.Yeah winter park is really cooool,it’s so nice when it is sooo hot out and the weather is perfect up there.Deffinatly plan on getting back up there this year.

Ha… Using the wheel from the rental was my first inclination actually, unfortunately it didn’t fit cause the discs were very different sizes 😢 Ah well, live and learn! It just made for a good story 😆

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.