What did Santa bring you this year?

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author

When I was a kid I was always so excited to see my friends after Christmas to tell them what Santa brought me and to see what they got. So… what did Santa bring you?

I got a JensonUSA gift card (almost better than cash!) and some tools plus I’m pretty sure I’ll be getting a new mountain bike in the next month or so. My little brother (18 years old) got his first mountain bike so I’m stoked to finally get him out on the trail ;)

A seperated shoulder!

Didn’t do a whole lot between me and the misses. We asked every one to focus on our son. That is a gift in it self to watch him tearing through presents.

That and I bought a new 08 HiFi t the beginning of the month so I didnt need anything else 😀

I got a new rear triangle for my Opus Maadh, another Royal Race jersey , and a subscription to Mountain bike action…

Riding socks and this ear muff type thing that is great because it keeps your ears warm without making your head sweat. Funny, as a kid I would have been disappointed to get socks – not now. 😃

Now, if Santa would just bring me some good riding weather. Can’t seem to get a ride in between cold,wind and rain. (whine, whine, whine) 😉

I got a new saddle (been ridin with a bent one for a few months) and a gift certificate to my LBS.

Better than the gift though was when my 12yr old asked me to take her and her 11yr old sister to a local trail during Christmas break.

I got — errr umm . .. My Daughter got (yeah my daughter got that’s it!) a really cool trail-a-bike. Gary Fisher Freeloader 241. 24" rear wheel means we can do some serious riding.

Honestly though, she loves it. Took her and her dog out yesterday and they were both very happy. Lots of giggling and hollering at me to go faster.

I picked up my new trance 2 about 3 weeks ago but my kids got me a pair of Wind Tex Eco gloves and an ATC2K Action Cam so I can add Mountain Biking to my video list.. 😃

Hey Got a concussion at Alafia State Park on the Gator Back Trail!!!! However, after about 24 hours I have memory back but still can’t even remember being at the park…..bummer Christmas in the emergency room sucks!!!

hey mongoose have you been getting my PM’s I have a feelin you have not….if not I will look into what I’m doing wrong

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

Now, if Santa would just bring me some good riding weather. Can’t seem to get a ride in between cold,wind and rain. (whine, whine, whine) 😉

Thanks Santa. 4 days of riding bliss has rekindled my MTB spirit. 3 rides in shorts and T-shirts- great. Douthat, Carvins Cove, Mill Mountain and GW National Forest. Can’t wait to ride again. Noon group ride at Carvins Cove tomorrow is open to all. If I don’t stay up too late tonight I might make it. 😉

I picked up a new Bianchi Road Bike Via Nirone 7, its a rocket ship, hopefully this will tide me over between trails.

Santa dropped off an LR3 with a hitch rack plus a Kestrel Talon SL completely jacked on Dura Ace and Ksyriums attached to it! Already garnered myself a new Felt DA and SC Blur LT2 earlier in the year. I think my wife wants me to stay away more often. Plus Santa pissed down rain while out in the adobe single tracks 2 days before Xmas, and we had to carry our bikes out…ever carry a 28LBs bike with 65Lbs of mud stuck to it??!! Still wondering if it’s all a karma play.

Unfortunately Santa didnt bring anything mountain bike related but I did get a new cell phone plus various gift cards.

A floor pump, frame pump, wedge seat pack, new MTB shoes and SPD cleats to go with them, long-sleeve cycling jersey, small front and rear LED lights for my helmet, and a cycling computer. I must have been really good his year!

Being new to MTB, I needed a bike!

I got a ’09 Specialized Rockhopper Expert Disc 29er (Man! Thats’ a mouthful) for my first bike in a long time. Wow! What a difference from bikes in the ’70s. Back then you got the tire size and style. Now all the different frame sizes of the same bike. We had to order mine in, they didn’t have a 23 inch frames. I picked it up on the 26th. It was worth the wait!

I looked a lot and finally because of my height and lean build I started wondering about a 29. My wife blessed me with it and I contributed some $$$ into the kitty for the bike.

I also got a Specialized Tactic helmet to protect anything I run into with my hard head.

Being in Texas, the weather has been great and I’ve ridden it the last three days. As a matter of fact, I just got home from a ride with my 16 year old son. I’m starting to get used to it.

And all this is physical therapy for me. Physical therapy isn’t supposed to be this much fun. Is it? 😃 😃 😃

Thanks Mongoose!

I just need to get to know my new bike better and turn the intensity up!

Today, I was glad I wasn’t clipped in to my pedals. That will be something to learn about later…

There was a pair of Fox Seargent shorts under the tree for me. Took ’em for a spin this weekend and they are sweet trail shorts. Comfortable with plenty of pckets and pretty cool lookin….

Santa brought me a Camelbak Blowfish…which I went to REI and bought myself.

Wait!……….You’re Santa!?!

I dabble.

Santa and other family members were good to me, I got:
      A bike work stand.
      New MTB shoes.
      Arm warmers (Roadie stuff)
      Bike socks.
      A Polar F6 Heart Rate monitor. (it turns out I wasn’t working as hard as I thought I was at spinning class)
      Gloves

Also: Since it’s winter here, and MTB riding won’t be an option for a while, (too cold, too much snow, dark too early, too much driving to trails) I’ve been spinning, and reading too many magazines; I totally caught the road bike bug for Christmas. I even got out for a few hours on my road bike the Sunday after Christmas. Now I want a new, light, stiff, road bike with STI shifters instead of downtube shifters to match my shiny new mountain bike.

Santa was pretty nice to me..

A new jersey (Novara Arosa)
      A new pair of biking shorts (Novara Exposure Double)

I’m loving the new shorts already.. now if we could only get some dry weather..

My fiance got me a Swiss Army brand multi tool specificaly for bikes. Not to sound ungrateful but after almost 20 years of mountain biking, the last thing I need is another multi-tool. Even if I did need one, that specific one would not have been my first choice. I told her (as gently as I could) from now on, no more tools – especially if you find them on Amazon.com.

Viewing 22 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.