What cyclists say and what they mean

Forums Mountain Bike Forum What cyclists say and what they mean

--
SHARES

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Lol that’s pretty awesome!

Great list! I’ve heard (and said) a few of those…

That’s hilarious. The one about doing your own bike maintenance meaning that when you squeeze the brake lever, the bike shifts gears…totally me. 😆

“I’m on my beater bike”

I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using Carbon Fiber blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.

Hehe, that one made me giggle.

"schwim" wrote
      “I’m on my beater bike”

Unfortunately when I say that, it means my wheels are mismatched because I blew a hub, my 10 speedd cassette mated to said blown hub’s free body and I’m now running a 9 speed cassette with a 10 speed shifter that has a frayed, stretched stretched to hell cable. My brakes have needed a bleeding for months, my pedal pins are wore down to nubs, and it creaks more than a grandma doing yoga. She needs some lovin and I need to learn the meaning of maintenance. 😄

"jtorlando25" wrote

[quote="schwim":1qn71t3t]

“I’m on my beater bike”

Unfortunately when I say that, it means my wheels are mismatched because I blew a hub, my 10 speedd cassette mated to said blown hub’s free body and I’m now running a 9 speed cassette with a 10 speed shifter that has a frayed, stretched stretched to hell cable. My brakes have needed a bleeding for months, my pedal pins are wore down to nubs, and it creaks more than a grandma doing yoga. She needs some lovin and I need to learn the meaning of maintenance. 😄[/quote:1qn71t3t]

Agreed. I actually own a beater bike…

Life is too short to ride a beater bike.

Nice. Once or twice I had to say "it’s not far, we’re almost there". 😃

"Honey, I am just checking out that bike? I do not want it, I already have enough bikes."

You know nothing about n+1

"The bicycle is the noblest invention of mankind" – William Saroyan

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Awesome!

Yep. Truth.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.