What bike should I get for Singapore?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am moving to Singapore and would like to upgrade my entry level 26 inch bike. I done plenty of riding in Pocahontas State Park. I like to keep the price $1,000 or less. I’d love any advice on what bike I should get or anything about Singapore. Also, Giant is an Asian company and have a substantial dealer base in the area but I will probably buy the bike in the US. Thanks. 😀

I ended up getting a 2011 Trek 6000. Sweet Bike

Hope you enjoy the new ride! Don’t be afraid to get it dirty!

Hope you enjoy Singapore. I just returned after living there for five years. Most people go to Bukit Timah Nature reserve. It’s a 6 kilometer trail and should take 30-50 minutes to get through depending on your skills. Once you get bored with it try butterfly and woodcutter. It’s a 12.8 km trip but takes 1hr 40 min to 1 hr 50 min to get through. Usually it’s extremely mudding, which translates into a very slow ride. I cannot comment much on a comparison to trails in the US. However, I will be heading out to Fountainhead and Elizabeth Furnace. A friend that I used to ride in Singapore and who had lived in VA recommended Fountainhead. I have ridden Wakefield, which is an intermediate trail in VA (per Singletracks), and I found it mostly boring for what I was used to in Singapore. Hopefully that helps. Also you can take a ferry to Pulau Ubin. It’s a sanctioned trail and is fun too. Definitely faster than Butterfly and Woodcutter.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.