Weird Stuff on the Mountain Bike Trail

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author

Was riding yesterday and I came across this on a local trail (reminded me of you, ChiliPepper!) For some reason I started craving baby back ribs…

What other weird stuff have you found on the trail?

Crazy. What trail is this?

I bet I know what happened. Alcohol was probably involved, and the conversation went something like this:

"DUDE! Let’s take it! That’d be sweet in the dorm/apartment!"
      "Totally!!"
      [i:1sf2q2bw]A few minutes later, after getting the pepper…[/i:1sf2q2bw]
      "Whoa…this thing is way bigger than I thought, what are we gonna do with it?"
      "I got an idea, I know this trail….."

I had a few room mates in college that liked to take stuff like that. Woke up one morning to find a 6ft tall 5ft wide Bacardi wheel (like in wheel of fortune) outside my room.

There is a old truck in the wood, which was obviously abandoned in a empty field then the tree come up are it.

"Vtolds" wrote

There is a old truck in the wood, which was obviously abandoned in a empty field then the tree come up are it.

Sorta like this one? No trees growing out of it yet but somehow this truck made its way to the top of a mountain on roads that have long been overgrown.

"trek7k" wrote

[quote="Vtolds":3efmsemg]There is a old truck in the wood, which was obviously abandoned in a empty field then the tree come up are it.

Sorta like this one? No trees growing out of it yet but somehow this truck made its way to the top of a mountain on roads that have long been overgrown.

Image[/quote:3efmsemg]

Bit smaller, but the same thing.

"trek7k" wrote

Was riding yesterday and I came across this on a local trail (reminded me of you, ChiliPepper!) For some reason I started craving baby back ribs…

What other weird stuff have you found on the trail?

thats what chilipepper leaves on al the trails he rides!

In the wood behin my old house in NH we had an old doge with a 6"tree growing thu the engine compartment.

FATS has a bunch of skulls along the trail, and an old shoe sole.

That could make a nice little "chili" kicker with a little work. I’m guessing disgruntled Chili’s employee who didn’t get the assistant manger promotion they were hoping for. Thier loss is your gain, I guess. 😃

Not my pic, but this is on one of my favorite local trails:

"trek7k" wrote

[quote="Vtolds":2faqjp3o]There is a old truck in the wood, which was obviously abandoned in a empty field then the tree come up are it.

Image[/quote:2faqjp3o]

Bull mountain?

You know it GG!

Does coming across two lesbians under a tree count??

Coming down the ‘road’ from Lion’s Loop of the Kokopelli trail, 2 girls having a bit of "girl" fun. Sorry, I was going a bit too fast to stop and get a picture…but I did go off the road for a bit – scared me enough to refocus my attention.

"Beaker" wrote

Coming down the ‘road’ from Lion’s Loop of the Kokopelli trail, 2 girls having a bit of "girl" fun. Sorry, I was going a bit too fast to stop and get a picture…but I did go off the road for a bit – scared me enough to refocus my attention.

as you spun around to get a better look 😉

I was riding around Hammond Hill near Ithaca, NY when I came upon a tent by the side of a seasonal road. The tent was surrounded by tiny American flags, like those you would find at a cemetery.

Riding slowly up this enormous hill, I was able to look inside the tent and I saw a lady looking back at me. "Hello," I said. No response.

I was about twenty meters past the tent when I heard a horrific scream like a chorus of yodelers being simultaneously murdered. Glancing back, I could see this crazy woman shouting nonsense at her cat and waving a stick at the sun.

Needless to say, I rode on with a quickness.

I know that truck well!

I’ve come across a lot of random stuff while riding. Parts of a toilet, broken helmets, other broken junk… ridden through several homeless people camps,

AND! gnomes:

And these guys freaked me out a little bit as they stared me down:

If this car could talk I would bet it had a story or two to tell.

I always think of the Bonny and Clyde movie when I see it on the side of Mill Mountain.

JDH

It was our first summer up here in Alaska and the kids and I were out bike riding on some of the dirt roads here on Fort Richardson and came a crossed this little guy.

My oldest son decided it would be a great idea to stop and take a picture or two after I had told them all to just keep riding. (he still doesn’t listen) I’ve run into tons of moose up here while on rides but this guy has been the only thing that could possible eat me (No lesbian puns intended) lol. 😮

"Beaker" wrote

whoahhhhhhh ! A picture? You mean asking to join in didn’t cross your mind? :-O

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

I always think of the Bonny and Clyde movie when I see it on the side of Mill Mountain.

Woa, that car is wild. Yea it would be awesome to hear how it ended up there

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

Thats where I parked it?

i saw a tree fallin on the ground but you no how some trees fall dirt will stick to the roots, that happened and another tree was growing out of the dirt side ways and was very healthy.

Here’s my favorite so far:

There’s a ratty old lounge chair right out of frame for you to sit and enjoy the art.[/img]

As some of you know, I ride on the firebreaks and ridgelines on a military installation. And I don’t really consider it to weird but some of you might.. but I was out riding and took a stopped cuz I heard a bunch of yelling and screaming.. and down in the draw I see a Gas Chamber being conducted.. haha! A bunch of Marines running in and out of a building full of CS Gas just billowing out the doors when they open and close it. And then on top of all that they had to do the obstacle course right after they clear there masks. Great times… gunna miss it.

Kind of along with The Germ’s, I was riding at Fort Ord public lands during sea otter, and there are a bunch of areas fenced off with signs labeled "Danger, live ordinance!" or "Explosive danger!" there are still live minefields out there… and some people had built mansions right across the street from them. Crazy stuff!

"ckdake" wrote

Here’s my favorite so far:

I’m sad to report that the picture is no longer in its frame.

This isn’t mine but it is nice.

http://www.singletracks.com/mountain-bi … state+park

Yeah, Goo and GoldenGoose, the live ordinance and wastewater stuff reminds me of a blog article we did a couple years ago about how mountain bike trails are usually built on land no one else wants to use:

http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-tr … rap-holes/

FTA, Tom Brown Park trails are sandwiched between a sewage disposal field and a federal corrections facility. Niiiice…

"GoldenGoose" wrote

This isn’t mine but it is nice.

http://www.singletracks.com/mountain-bi … state+park

Haha, yeah I’ve been there!

When the IMBA Trail Care Crew came to Augusta they mentioned a trail that was built in an old shut down zoo. They said the trail went into some of the enclosures and stuff…pretty wild idea. No idea where it was though…can’t remember.

"dgaddis" wrote

When the IMBA Trail Care Crew came to Augusta they mentioned a trail that was built in an old shut down zoo. They said the trail went into some of the enclosures and stuff…pretty wild idea. No idea where it was though…can’t remember.

Dude, I would love to ride that!

Me too Goo!

Tombstone on a local trail. Doesn’t appear to be actually at a grave, just leaning against a tree…

"dozzerboy" wrote

Me too Goo!

Yeah man, that would be sweet!

@ the guy directly above me, I’ve run across some real graves at an old home site while riding some urban underground trails… almost hit one of the tomb stones. Pretty freaky stuff 😮

Haha j/k

i dont really think this pic is weird, but it is funny. i ran into this new sign today and i think its probably not going to be thier for long as thier is a good chance someone will swipe it.

also im not really a big fan of horses as they leave what i call land mines on the trail and to see a sign like this just makes me grin a little bit knowing that im probably not going to run into an equestrian 😼

I especially like the Batman graphics depicting the Horse snapping it’s ankle. Who comes up with this stuff?

"scottman" wrote

Tombstone on a local trail. Doesn’t appear to be actually at a grave, just leaning against a tree…

I really like your bike dude, really gnarly looking!

hey trailrider, where did you find that sign at ??? that sh!# is too funny bro !!!

"BUDDAH" wrote

hey trailrider, where did you find that sign at ??? that sh!# is too funny bro !!!

its on the Paul Intemann Trail, i was riding out thier with some buddies and they were doing some trail work out thier and a guy was putting up this sign, i kinda had to do a double take of the sign to grasp what it said, as i thought my mind was playing tricks on me 😆

"Inertia" wrote

I especially like the Batman graphics depicting the Horse snapping it’s ankle. Who comes up with this stuff?

..i was thinking the same thing… 😆

Here is what I have pics of. I have come across some interesting/should have taken pics type items in the woods a few times

Ok, I got one I think you’ll like! We still laugh about it. My partner and I were ridin LBE (lil big Econ), way out in the back. It was about 12:30ish when we hear something crashing through the woods about 50 yards away, definately got our attention so we watch the area for a sec. and here comes this dude crashin through the palmettos, he spots us and starts wavin his hands and shoutin "wait". Well we did. He comes up to us and says he was campin on the river, went into the woods to take a dump and got lost. I ask him how long has he been lost and he said "I don’t know I left the camp at sunrise" (’bout 6:30 am that time of year). We help him get back closer to civilization, the bridge over the Econ, and my buddy goes to the ranger staition cause we figured his friends have packed up the camp and reported him missin. Anyway now you know the tale of the day we saved the soul of the lost shi**er! 😆 Some people don’t belong in the woods! this dude had one scense of direction, a straight line had to pull him back on the trail twice gettin him out of there

"ChiliPepper" wrote

[quote="scotkrzy":156m4h61]Ok, I got one I think you’ll like! We still laugh about it. My partner and I were ridin LBE (lil big Econ), way out in the back. It was about 12:30ish when we hear something crashing through the woods about 50 yards away, definately got our attention so we watch the area for a sec. and here comes this dude crashin through the palmettos, he spots us and starts wavin his hands and shoutin "wait". Well we did. He comes up to us and says he was campin on the river, went into the woods to take a dump and got lost. I ask him how long has he been lost and he said "I don’t know I left the camp at sunrise" (’bout 6:30 am that time of year). We help him get back closer to civilization, the bridge over the Econ, and my buddy goes to the ranger staition cause we figured his friends have packed up the camp and reported him missin. Anyway now you know the tale of the day we saved the soul of the lost shi**er! 😆 Some people don’t belong in the woods! this dude had one scense of direction, a straight line had to pull him back on the trail twice gettin him out of there

Wow! How the hell could you get lost in the LBE??? Some people do not even need to be outdoors anywhere nor stepping out of there house. Too many trails to follow out to get lost. 😮[/quote:156m4h61]
      Don’t know CH. This dude wasn’t even ridin’ but canoeing on the river, camped over night, got up and walked :?: 10-20 yrds from the camp to do his thing and that was it 😏 . We do get to be tour guides on the trails alot though. We get alot of "how do we get outta here?". Iguess ’cause there’s no in one way out the other and the firebreak road confuses alot of ’em, two different trailheads on Snow Hill rd. I dont know

Viewing 40 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.