Wax on wax off?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

So who out there besides me waxes their bike? I like to keep my bike clean, and keeping the frame waxed makes cleaning up after a ride easy. Dirt and mud clumps come off with a simple wipe of a cloth. It also protects the paint. I think I did it once when I first bought my trail bike, 13 years ago, but then got lazy about it. I just started doing it again, and I’m glad I did. Not sure how it would do on a carbon frame, but on a painted one, it does it’s job just fine. I just use the same wax for my car, Meguiar’s. Wipe it on, after it drys, wipe it off. I’ll remove the bottle cage, but that’s about it. I can get to most of the frame without removing the rear wheel. It’s also a good way to inspect your frame for any cracks or damage. Surely I can’t be the only one doing this. Speak up disciples of Mr. Miyagi!

My bike is pretty lucky if it gets a regular bath. A little mud on the downtube never hurt anything!

Just washed and waxed mine,but its just 3 weeks old. 😃

I can certainly see why you’d want to do that! I bet it looks great!

That being said… if I can see the color of my frame through the mud, I get a little sad with myself. 😀

I usually just keep the drive train clean myself and then I know a bike mechanic that’s been wrenching bikes for over 30 years,I take my bike to him for the big cleanings so he can then check and fix/replace bad or worn parts,think I’ll have em wax it next time,he’s an old road bike mechanic and I know he’ll go ape crap over making it all nice and shiny…hahahahhaha

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.