Walking staff mounted on a 26" mountain bike

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Hi folks, new to the site. Here’s the question, anyone have any thoughts on mounting a walking staff on a 26" mountian bike? Been trying to come up with a decent mount, but so far notta…HELPPPP!!!!

That’s a tough one. Do you ware a pack? maybe you could find a fold up stick. If it must be a stick, the only thing coming to mind is a seat tube mounted cargo rack and bungiis. I’m thinking it would stick out the back, and that seems less then ideal. http://www.bicyclehero.com/us/bbb-bca-0 … PAodfzQAvQ

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at the carrier, seems like a pretty cool idea. But still not exactly what I had in mind…Thanks for time.. Robert….

Why?

Use some Velcro straps and strap it to the side of the top tube. Probably need some rubber between the walking staff and the frame to keep it from sliding, an old tube could be cut up to use for that.

I’ve seen fishing poles mounted to bikes before, usually mounted vertically. If you’re riding anywhere with low tree cover that might not be ideal but it’s worth a shot.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Bike-Mo … le-Holder/

If it more like treking poles that can be collapsed you should be able to attach with velco straps to the frame. I personally would not attach them to a pack. hitting a low hanging branch could result in injuries.

The more I think about it, the more I think this is an April Fool’s troll ;)

"mtbgreg1" wrote

The more I think about it, the more I think this is an April Fool’s troll ;)

But it was posted Saturday. Come on Greg, ever heard of "hike a bike"? 😀

"jeff" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":17bo2rgk]The more I think about it, the more I think this is an April Fool’s troll ;)

But it was posted Saturday. Come on Greg, ever heard of "hike a bike"? 😀[/quote:17bo2rgk]

Oh, I guess it was. My bad 😀

If he’s for real, I’d recommend a collapsible trekking pole. Would be much more compact. You could fit that in a backpack or strap it on the outside.

Pack a leatherman and whittle yourself a stick from some fallen wood at each destination. Moreover, if you have the balance and skill to "mountain bike" you shouldn’t need a walking stick…

IMO

http://www.beachbumbikecaddy.com/

Check em out.
      I saw them at the SE Bike Expo and you can attach anything to your bike with this.
      It’d work better than anything I know of.

velcro-ing it to the top bar — totally agree with this

the other option is buy a collapsible/telescoping walking stick and put it in your pack, probably would i would do to save weight.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.