Walker Ranch Closed?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I noticed that according to the trail status feature on this website that Walker Ranch is currently closed. Does anyone know if that’s currently true and why?

I doubt that the status is currently correct. I bet the person putting that up there back in April was trying to keep people from tearing up the trail as the snow melted. I honestly doubt that BCOS actually closed the trail. I’ve noticed that BCOS has put up more trail condition signs discouraging riding when the trail is muddy but they don’t normally close trails. I waited for months to ride the relatively new High Plains Trail because they had it closed due to mud, but I thought that was an oddity for BCOS to keep it closed for so long.

Off-topic…Looks like there’s snow again in the high country so a lot of stuff above 9,000ft will be sloppy the next couple of days.

I looked all around the Boulder County Open Space website and I could not find anything about Walker Ranch being closed totaly or even just to mountain bikers. You might want to call Boulder County but I think you are safe.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.