Visa’s

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Visa’s

--
SHARES

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dacorr 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

i was wondering if anybody knows if you would need to have a visa (like a business visa) in order compete in a race in another country?

to compete? i doubt it. you’ll probably need a passport to get in though.

i mean to get into another country to compete. i know i need a passport but i was thinking that i might need a visa as thier is an exchange in money and racing could be seen as a job.

Unless racing is your lively hood than I doubt you would need a Visa. It is sorta like gambling on a vacation. Just my thoughts.

"brianW" wrote

Unless racing is your lively hood than I doubt you would need a Visa. It is sorta like gambling on a vacation. Just my thoughts.

that’s what i was thinking. more than likely, they’re making money off of YOU so i think they wouldn’t put any restrictions on it. the race is bringing business and money into the country.

Normally not, a tourist visa is all that is required. Check on it at: http://www.travel.state.gov/ There is a ton of good information in these country reports.

Depends on the country you are visiting and the amount of money involved, the race organisers should have advice if there is anything of particular relevance for that particular country