Video: Bishop begins Olympic mountain bike quest

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Video: Bishop begins Olympic mountain bike quest

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeremiah Bishop has stepped up to the top level of the Cannondale Factory Team for 2012 as he tries to make the US Olympic Team for the 2012 London Olympic Games in August. The mountain biker was named to the US Olympic Long Team last fall and is among those riders competing for one of two male spots on the finalized US Olympic Team.

"I’m on the official UCI elite team roster for Cannondale Factory Racing this year," Bishop, 35, told Cyclingnews during his team’s camp in Finale Ligure, Italy, on Wednesday. "Last year I was a guest rider because I had focused on stage races and endurance events before that."

While many riders of Bishop’s age and experience are moving from cross country to marathon-type racing, Bishop went the other way. Yes, he used to race World Cup cross countries, but in recent years he had switched to the endurance side of the sport of mountain biking. However, with the Olympic Games looming on the horizon, he decided to give it one more shot at getting there after having never previously qualified for the US Olympic team.

Read more, and watch the video, here: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/video-b … bike-quest

Everything I’ve heard and read about Bishop has always been really cool. He’s a great rider, and if he makes the team, I think it couldn’t have gone to a better guy

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Everything I’ve heard and read about Bishop has always been really cool. He’s a great rider, and if he makes the team, I think it couldn’t have gone to a better guy

Yea I hope he does well. He is fast, a couple of years ago he broke the first sub 2 hour time at Middle Mountain Mama XC race at Douthat State Park. Like the rest of us growing older, this will likely be his last shot at the Olympics.

Yep Jeremiah strikes again (see 2012 race results).

3.5 hours is incredibly fast for that course – and he wasn’t alone.

http://www.mtntouring.com/mountain/htm/ … iption.htm

Hey Greg, any word on whether Jeremiah has made the Olympic team?

I’ve ridden with him once before. Well, not really. We were both at the 2008 Fools Gold, I did the 50 mile, he raced in the 100. It took me 6:30 to finish the 50, and it took him around 7:15 (if I remember correctly) to win the 100 mile race, which is two laps of the 50 mile course.

My buddy Kris also rode the 50, and Bishop lapped him a few hundred yards before the finish. On the ride home Kris said "yeah…he rode twice as far as I did, and at twice he pace, so, that makes him…four times better than me."

😆

"dgaddis" wrote

My buddy Kris also rode the 50, and Bishop lapped him a few hundred yards before the finish. On the ride home Kris said "yeah…he rode twice as far as I did, and at twice he pace, so, that makes him…four times better than me."

😆

Too funny dgaddis 😆

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.