Video: 2017 Pivot Firebird | Test Ride Day 2

Mountain bike trails & Mountain bike reviews Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Video: 2017 Pivot Firebird | Test Ride Day 2

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

https://youtu.be/sFzf2WRqpI4

I have been ogling Pivot’s 2017 Firebird ever since I saw a review of it on MTBYUMYUM’s channel. On paper, this bike is a force to be reckoned with. While watching the test rides performed by the experts, there is no doubt that the Firebird is capable of handling just about anything you can throw at it.

But how would the Firebird perform in the hands of an average…..dare I say novice mountain biker? Could a bike with this much suspension travel handle climbing trails? Or is it strictly a bike park rig, destined for lift access only trails? All of these were questions that I had and honestly while searching the internet, I could not find the answers too. So I decided to find them myself.

I contacted Sonoran Cycles out of Surprise Arizona (Link Below) to find out if a demo of Pivot’s 2017 Firebird was even an option. Thankfully, Terry was more than willing to help me out. He even contacted Pivot himself to get the bike in the shop just in time for the weekend.

Day 2 of the test ride brought us back to Fantasy Island North Singletrack (FINS). I felt that it was only fair to the bike to ride the trail systems that I know best in order to establish an honest opinion of it. With that all said, who doesn’t like a ridding at FINS?
      Ride information:
      • Trail System= Fantasy Island North Singletrack, Arizona

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.