Unlimited Trail Photos

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

The new trail pages are in full effect and hopefully they’re bug free for the most part. There are a few new features on the pages and some of the old features have been "repackaged" for your convenience: trail directions via Google Maps, links to trail maps, and more.

The feature I’m most excited about is one of our most requested additions: More trail photos! Previously trail pages were limited to 2 photos of each trail but we’ve lifted that restriction and you’re free to post as many (GOOD) photos as you like. Please use your discretion though; if your pic looks similar to one that’s already there, don’t post it (we already have almost 700 trail photos!). We don’t have that much web space (less than 200MB!) and our bandwidth is pretty stretched as it is. If your picture sucks or isn’t useful, it will probably be deleted.

Here are a couple trail pages that take full advantage of the photo option:

[trail=752]Dark Mountain[/trail] in Wilkesboro, NC.
      [trail=942]Trail 401[/trail] in Crested Butte, CO (voted most photogenic trail of the year by me)

Looks great boss. Good stuff.

I bring a camera with me every time I bike and post the photos on my Yahoo page, but its great to know I can stick a few more in now – check out the photos on the Massachusetts page to get a sampling!

"Fitch" wrote

I bring a camera with me every time I bike and post the photos on my Yahoo page, but its great to know I can stick a few more in now – check out the photos on the Massachusetts page to get a sampling!

Fitch, you inspired me to create this newest feature: Photo Albums. Now you can view all the photos you’ve submitted to singletracks on one simple page using your personal Photo Album. You can also view others’ photo albums and it’s simple to email your photo album address to all your friends and family.

Take a look at my album here:
      trek7k’s album

And here is Fitch’s album:
      Fitch’s album

Trail photo pages and user profiles now have a link to user photo albums. Watch for the ability to rate trail photos in the near future!

that’s awesome, boss…. now i can ride vicariously through the photos of those who are more locationally fortunate than i.

😀

That is an AWESOME feature! And hey, thanks for the page! 😎

You can now rate trail photos on photo pages by clicking the number of stars you wish to rate the photo. At this time we are working on collecting rating data on photos; in the future, you will be able to see average ratings for photos and even albums of the most highly rated trail photos.

Take a look at this page to get started:

Kokopelli Trail Photo

You can get to photo pages from user albums and by clicking photos on the lefthand side of trail description pages. You need to be logged in to rate a photo to prevent multiple votes.

I love all the changes you’ve made over the past few months. Good job!

We’ve just built a new page showcasing some of the most popular trail photos on singletracks. Take a look and share your 2 cents and let the best photos rise to the top.

Top Mountain Bike Trail Photos

I could spend hours just looking at all these photos – killer work!

I just tried adding a photo and got this error "Error. Please try again, noting that you must be a registered user and logged in to upload photos. "

I’m not sure if the photo resize didn’t work, or if my login wouldn’t let me add one. ????

Hmm… that message means either there was no image attached to the form or you were not logged in at the time of submission.

Give it a try again and if you have the same problem, email me the photo ([email protected]) and I’ll try to troubleshoot on my end. Sorry for the hassle…

There must have been a problem with file size. I shrunk my photos to decrease their size and they uploaded fine. FYI.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.