UK MTBer Hospitalized due to injury from trail booby trap

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum UK MTBer Hospitalized due to injury from trail booby trap

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      SABOTAGE in Chopwell Woods has landed a downhill mountain biker in hospital.

Reports suggest the mountain biker was cycling on a specially-designed downhill run when he collided with a wire strung across the trail.

The cyclist was taken to Gateshead’s Queen Elizabeth Hospital and received 30 stitches to his arm.

This type of sabotage to Chopwell Woods is not an isolated incident.

Alex MacLennan, head of recreation for the Forestry Commission, said: “This is not the first incident in the last few months. We don’t know why this person is doing this.

“The police are involved and hopefully we can bring this to a successful closure.”

“I can’t understand why someone would do it, they don’t know who they are injuring, children, wildlife.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/communit … z24sviJDDn

I didn’t know Mike Vandeman had relocated to the UK!

The person stretching the wire across the trail is a jerk. Wow. I hope they can catch him. And instead of a trail or fine, put the person on a bike get it going then let them run into it. Hopefully a trail cam or something will find that person.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.