Tubeless clydesdale riders enter here

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys. Quick question I am hoping a fellow clydesdale rider can help me with. I just went TL on my Stache, and feel like I may be running a bit low on the rear. I have the front at 14 and run the rear at almost 20 mainly because I feel like I really hammer the rim at anything lower than 18. Not sure if anyone has any tips, but the bike is a ’16 Stache 7 29+ with the stock equipment (Mulefut rims w/ chupacabra tires)…. not sure how much more I should go up, or if I can get away with going down and the rim hitting is all in my head…. any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Wow, that is some LOW air pressure! You’re not burping air at that psi? I’d also be worried about ruining a rim if you hit something too hard.

What I would do is ride one of your normal trails and bring along your pump and a gauge. Play around with the pressure until you figure out what works best.

Before anything I looked it up and people had said that that tire size was best at 13-15psi. I asked the LBS and he said the same. So I stuck to the higher end of that. Started at 20 on both and found I could drop the front lower and still ride good. I did notice some folding on the rear at 18psi which was another reason I went higher.

If you have a suggestion on where to start with pressures please let me know…..

I didn’t realize those were fat bike tires. That makes way more sense now!

Ahhh… yeah slightly smaller, but same thing I guess. Factory pressure says 12-30. Bumped it up to 22. I guess we will see!

Ran the front up a bit too. Had it at 18 again with the 22 rear. Felt bloated and not nearly as grippy. Gonna drop to 15/22 and see that.

BTW just updating this in case anyone else may have a question.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.