Tube Weenie

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

I’m looking for a place to buy a Tube Weenie, but I haven’t been able to find anything. I haven’t checked at my LBS because I just heard about them a day ago, and I haven’t had a chance, but I didn’t know if there was a place to check online? Thanks!

Pat

Ummm…. care to explain what this "tube weenie" is/does?

"treky92" wrote

Ummm…. care to explain what this "tube weenie" is/does?

I don’t know…but I’m not putting it into Google! 😆

I googled it, and it returned … this thread. 😆

Wow, I didn’t realize that not many people knew about them. A TW is a pouch that mounts on the hub of your front/back wheels that lies within the spokes. In it, it holds a spare tube. It is really nice because they don’t take up any space, don’t weigh much, and it is always nice to have a spare tube when your riding. I will try and find a picture and post one if I can. Apparently nobody knows. Is there any way that one of the Site Moderators would know about a TW?

This?

http://www.cycoactive.com/Store/3433/PN … ube-Holder

I actually think I have seen one of those on the trail, but wrapped around a seatpost.

Just put it in a seat bag like everyone else. Easier to get to, holds more stuff, ect.

"dgaddis" wrote

Just put it in a seat bag like everyone else. Easier to get to, holds more stuff, ect.

I put mine in my hydration pack, and put another in a seat bag for longer rides.

I like to ride fairly aggressive on some of the trails that I ride and the seat bags that I’ve used haven’t always been ideal. I like the TW because it is out of the way. Its also nice because I don’t always have to remember to pack a spare tube because it will always be on the hub. I could also put it on the seat post, I just have to figure it if I like it there or on the hub instead. Thanks a ton for that link! I really appreciate it.

+1 for the hydration pack.

Its also nice because I don’t always have to remember to pack a spare tube because it will always be on the hub.

I personally just keep all of my gear in my hydration pack–it never leaves. That way, I don’t have to risk forgetting anything.

I rarely ride with a pack anymore, and when do I have three to choose from, so I use a saddle bag.

The TubeWeenie just seems like it would be a big pain to get to when you need it.

I always carry a tire tube, pressure gauge, and tire patch kit in my large seat bag. I am not crazy about wrapping a tube around a hub like that. It must be a real pain to remove it when you need it.

Its simply a matter of preference. Its really not that difficult to get in there and get the TW out. Thanks for letting me know where I can get one!

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.