Tsali Trails – few questions

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I’m coming down to Florida in December from Ontario to ride Alafia state park, but along the way a buddy and I were hoping to ride Tsali. I have a couple questions about it though, and I hoped one of you could help me find those answers…

Is the trail open in December? I’d be there Dec 18-19.
      What’s the cost to enter? I read$ 2/day but I also plan on camping there overnight so I was wondering if there was additional fees to do that.
      Is the campground open year-round?

Thanks!

Mark/Sprodj

Yes, the trails are open year-round, although weather during the winter in NC can be hit-or-miss. If there’s a big snowfall, the trails can be covered and mucky for days-weeks. But if it’s been dry, it can be great.

But while the trails are open, the campground at Tsali is not. It just closed down for the winter season about a week ago.

Hope this helps,

-Greg

PS Moving this to the Southeast Forum… might get better answers there.

You could stay at a Holiday Inn and be a faster rider. 😄 Later,

My brother and I ride Tsali every Sunday. There’s four loops and you alternate access to the loops with the horses. If you want to get all of Tsali, try to hang around two days. Thompson & Mouse one day and left & right the next. It’s a fantastic way to spend a couple of days!

Good to know. Im hoping to take some winter trips down there myself.
      I assume there are a few good hotels in Bryson city – or closer?

Very helpful stuff; thanks guys! Looks like I’ll be camping at Smokemont during the evenings, and then riding Tsali during the day. After that, it’s down to Alafia River State Park…

"Gronckle" wrote

Good to know. Im hoping to take some winter trips down there myself.
      I assume there are a few good hotels in Bryson city – or closer?

There’s hotels in Robinsville, Bryson City(there’s a mom & pop hotel less than a mile from the Tsali park entrance). There’s also alternatives like Fontana village cabins/condos, and cabin rentals in the area.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.