Trying to get a group ride together

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

Anyone in the GTA interested in getting a group ride in?? I am planing to set up a few dates over this year and then next year perhaps publish a schedule for the up and coming year with dates and places….

Hi

I’m interested, let me know when you have some dates.

Well ask around friends and such the more the better about 10 would be good i have already 4

I am new to the area so am still looking for people to ride with so unlikely to get more than one but I will ask.

OK will do… Well your in Oakville right?

Exactly, been riding in Bronte creek and 16 mile creek so far. Not many hills!

I have just come from near Frankfurt with a 1000m peak I could get to from the house so looking for hills again.

Was going to try Kelso sometime soon.

Well Kelso is great for a climb…but there are other places as well Albion hills i like alot the climbs are shorter but more of them…

I will add that to the list of place to ride before the winter sets in.

What kind of bike do you have?? Trail, XC, All mountain??

I am riding a 2007 Stumpjumper FSR Expert. It had the cassette replaced at 3000km with shimano XT and the chain is now XTR, everything else is standard although the tires need replaced soon not least because I have to get something that works better in mud than the standard Specialized ones I have been using!!

What are you riding?

What tires are you using now?

Just looked it up Resolution pro 2.1 How about trying The Captain Control 2bliss…I put them on my Opus and love them compared to the crap that came on my bike…Hutchison garbage UST pythons.

Thanks for the advice, I have a set of Resolution Pro now and they were good on the dry but not so good in the mud. I was looking at the Storm from Specialized but I will also have a look at The Captain as well.

Thanks again

The storm may be a bit too aggressive and heavy the Captains are really light for what they do and are.

Well we are off to Kelso tomorrow be there at 12. noon. Hope to see you all there it promises to be nice.

Kelso sounds good, I had the same idea when I got up today. Where will you meet?

Sorry we were gone at 10am showed up there at 12 noon was fun 6 of us…..

Next ride tuesday at that Don Valley and next weekend if weather permits Buckwallow.

It’s OK, I went anyway and had a good ride. The twisty technical bit near the top was fun in the leaves. You didn’t know if you were going to hit stone, dirt or a big hole!

Good fun though.

Next week is not so good for me, I have to fly to Mexico on Sunday! But keep posting the rides and I’ll join you.

Yes the ride at Kelso on Sunday was great we started at the base and rode to Fire then Lime Kiln from there we did a large loop crossing over one or tow trails ending at the extreem the working back finishing off on Digger and Momentum. Lots of fun a spill or two and lots of great conversations.

Here is a shot in Kelso doing some rock gardens[url:22wjosz6]http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo285/element22_syd/IMG_0320rev.jpg[/url:22wjosz6]

Viewing 19 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.