Trek or Specialized

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys. so for the past year 1/2 I’ve been biking with a Trek 3700. To this date that’s been the best bike I’ve ever owned and I love it. But as I advance in biking i’m really starting to see the limitations of my bike. So I’m thinking about upgrading.

For the past few week I’ve been looking at a Trek 6700 disc and the bike looks awesome. Also MANY people have told me to look at Specialized too. I’m not looking for super crazy air, or jumping off a cliff "i find it funny that use mountain bikers think about doin that". So any advice would help. thanks guys

I want a Trek 6500 or Trek 8000 (leaning towards this one, nicer components) something fierce. What I ride and how I ride does not require a FS so a nice Hardtail is my next purchase.

I think either bike would be good for you. I have some friends that swear by Specialized.

Go with the 6700 the component group is a step up from the comparable Specialized.

Trek all the way, i have a lot of friends who ride specialized and dont get me wrong they are great bikes, heck my road bike is a Specialzed Allez, but Trek have more for the money, and not to mention the warranty they have kicks ass.

My 2 Cents…
      Between the two I would pick Specialized. But if I were in you rprice point I would look real strongly at Giant. From a component group there is no-one that comes close at the price range.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either brand…. this coming from a Trek guy… go with what blows wind up your skirt! I just sold my ’99 Trek 7000 hardtail. What a great bike she was for an upper end entry bike…. I paid a tad over 9 bills new way back when…. never let me down once in 11 years other than a tube or two. I just bought a ’10 Trek Fuel EX8 …. Where do I begin….Tits!!! Like I said…. go with what catches your eye and enjoy your time on the trail. 😼

It depends: Do you want to buy from a Taiwanese company who has Giant build their frames in Taiwan, or from an American company who has Giant build their frames in Taiwan? 😼 It really comes down to whether your a fan of Lance Armstrong or Ned Overend.

Seriously though, ride a bunch of different bikes that are in your budget. Whatever fits the best and gives you the best control is the best purchase. If components are then a sticking point, just make sure you are paying a fair price for what it does have and upgrade later as needed.

A friend of mine recently went shopping thinking he would get a GT or Jamis full suspension, but instead ended up with Giant XtC 29er hardtail. It was a few bucks less than the two FS models he had in his head that he wanted, and it fits him perfectly, which helps him have more confidence and fun on the trail.

Also consider a transition transAM. A little expensive but will last forever.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.