Transition Double Build

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

My new frame got here last FRI. it’s a large transition double, raw (no paint). I wanted to take better pics detailing the build but i’ve been working on it in 15 minute intervals between taking care of my son and doing other house chores this weekend 😀.

Anyways, here’s what I’ve got installed so far:

Raceface Ride DH bottom bracket
      Raceface Respond Crankset
      Crank Bros 50/50xx pedals
      e13 SRS bashguard & chain guide
      Cane Creek xIIx headset
      Truvativ Hollzfeller stem
      Rockshox Argyle 318 fork

Build is coming along nicely. I just figured out that I need to order some compression bearings before I can cut my brake cables, and also that I need a new mount for my front brake as the mount from my domain will not work on the argyle. I’m ordering this stuff today, keeping my fingers crossed that I can still get the bike done by this weekend!

Sorry for the crappy iphone pic. I’m going to install the rear shock today, just need to grab some loctite from lowes. Speaking of loctite, what all do you guys put loctite on? The manual the frame came with says to put it on all pivot joints for the rear shock but doesnt say anything about brake mounts, etc. When pulling apart my ironhorse, I noticed that the hardware for my brake mounts all have loctite on them. Should I add more when I go to install the brakes or if there is already visible loctite on the threads is that sufficient? (not sure if the stuff drys out)

Definately reapply loctite to all the bolts on your brakes. The rotors and caliper bolts and any adapters you are going to use. By the way, how much travel does your fork have?

thanks dozer. the fork is 100mm travel, the recommended range for this bike is 80mm – 120mm.

got the rear shock installed & rotors and tires mounted. hopefully my cables for the derailleur and bushings for the hydro cables will be here tomorrow and I can get this thing wrapped up 😀.

Nice! You have to post some pictures up when you finish. Also, what are you going to use this bike for? Just curious…

definitely post some pics when i get the bike finished. i’ll be using it for freeride/trail/urban.

Really interested in this build and how it works for your intended use.
      I own two Transitions (Covert and Vagrant) and really want either a Bottlerocket or a Double.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.